Another Gpcine Question

0-bake

hi,

maybe that should be pinned, i guess i'm not the first one asking....

i converted movie files using this guide -> http://www.hostultra.com/~w76666851180/

it was sometimes recommended for converting movies...but the prob is, that the sound is so choppy, you can't understand a whole sentence in a dialogue

does anyone have good settings for converting a movie in good quality for the gp32?

ps: maybe, if there are *the perfect settings* they really should be pinned, because many people (like me) will ask for this....

sound isn't choppy for me. I use thefollowing command line parameters for lame encoder (lame 3.96) :
lame --preset cbr 96 --resample 22 "source file.wav" "dest file.mp3"

It give really great 22 kHz / 96 kbps sound, just perfect for a GP32, more is overkill.

I put my settings up on a Temp Website that I made in one minute. It's named badger.vcf (Guess what I was encoding based on my avatar) and you need to ---> "save as" or else it comes up as text.

I allway try to convert movie clips whit the higest sound quality settings as possible (allways 56kb/s, 22,050 Hz ;) ). The video settings i have around (mostly less) 300 kb/s using the X-vid codec. AND! im allways tying to use the higest fps (some times over 20!!). I like my movies :lol:

P.S. has anyone noticed that the skins u can make whit the skinmaker won't show in the free GPCinema version??

Cellsplitter posted on May 12 2004 at 09:41 PM said:
300 kb/s using the X-vid codec.
What version of the xvid codec do you use? 'Cause I tried with my version, the last release (rc 1 or 2) and it doesn't seem compatible.

Last edited by a moderator:
damaki posted on May 12 2004 at 09:49 PM said:
What version of the xvid codec do you use? 'Cause I tried with my version, the last release (rc 1 or 2) and it doesn't seem compatible.
:angry: to myself: please use google before asking dumb questions :
Xvid Codec 04102002-1 Koepi's build

Still I will try to figure out what has change since that oldie'n goodie one.

Cellsplitter posted on May 12 2004 at 12:41 PM said:
I allway try to convert movie clips whit the higest sound quality settings as possible (allways 56kb/s, 22,050 Hz ;) ). The video settings i have around (mostly less) 300 kb/s using the X-vid codec. AND! im allways tying to use the higest fps (some times over 20!!). I like my movies :lol:

P.S. has anyone noticed that the skins u can make whit the skinmaker won't show in the free GPCinema version??
So, you can fit, what, a 10 minute movie onto your 128mb card?

Anime:
XviD at 80kbps, between 8-10fps. Sound is Mpeg Layer 3 at 32kpbs/11250hz.

Action:
XviD at 96kbps, between 12-15fps. Sound is Mpeg Layer 3 at 40kbps/22,500hz

If your sound is choppy, then you are running it at too low of a clock speed. Try upping it to 133mhz if you are currently running at 100mhz

I can fit well over 2 hours onto a 128mb card with my Anime settings, and about 1.75 hours with the action settings.

-Peter

Back