Announcement: Maclink Gui Is Ready!

Gruntfuggly

Mostly Harmless
Website
www.zaonce.com
Sorry if you've already seen this, but I should have posted it on this board!

At last, what all you mac users have been waiting for (well maybe one or two of you) here is my GUI wrapper for Mr. Spiv's terminal maclink application.

Here is a screenshot:
maclink.gif

Download it Here...

It should be pretty obvious how to use it (see the readme.txt file for details) but it's probably worth backing up your SMC first as there are bound to be a few bugs left...

On behalf of the other three Mac users with a GP32, I thank you. I'm downloading and trying this out right now.

joffe posted on Apr 24 2004 at 09:26 PM said:
On behalf of the other three Mac users with a GP32, I thank you. I'm downloading and trying this out right now.
3?!?!?! Holy shit they're multiplying!

Last edited by a moderator:
Never used a mac but they look nice. Im always up for different OS's, I once installed liinux but had to go back to Windows cause the modem installation was scary and I couldnt find anyone who would explain it :(

I've been trying this out and its worked well up until I tried to copy files onto my SMC. I keep getting the error message "file doesn't understand the <<event SATIUPPE>> message." I have no idea what to do now.

I'll look into it - never seen that error message before. Can you give me details of your set up and tell me exactly how you are copying? I just drag the files from the finder so I hadn't tested any other ways...

c0ncept posted on Apr 25 2004 at 01:32 AM said:
tell me about it...USB modems are apparently not supported by Suse :(
I installed Red Hat and it didnt have my modem drivers. I managed to find some 'unofficial ones' but they where a bitch to set up and I couldnt find anyone willing to help me so I gave up.

Gruntfuggly posted on Apr 25 2004 at 09:01 PM said:
I'll look into it - never seen that error message before. Can you give me details of your set up and tell me exactly how you are copying? I just drag the files from the finder so I hadn't tested any other ways...
I've been dragging the files, I don't know how to do the other ways. I'm running on a Powerbook G4 with OSX 10.2.8 if that helps figure this out.

Edit: crap, sorry about the double post. I'm not too good with that thar interweb.

well, I am not a mac man, ha ha mac man sounds funny, anyways, will this work on a slow ( arnt all macs? ) ibook with OS 9.2?

~Octavious

and has anyone had their smc wiped by this, want to be safe!

Back