Android, Chrome OS & Ubuntu for Beagleboard - Current Bounty $425

I dont care too much for Chromium or Ubuntu but I think Android could be amazing on Pandora. Browsers, official apps for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc. I think this could bring lots of potential for Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before I throw down some cash and I think I will I have some questions:

1. If this did get ported and fully optimized would droid apps run on this? I'm mostly interested in some of the portable MMOs like Pocket Legends to run on the go would this be possible?

2. Would Xperia play type games be possible to run on the Pandora with physical controls mapped or would this be impossible?

3. What would not work no matter what we do?

Before I throw down some cash and I think I will I have some questions:

1. If this did get ported and fully optimized would droid apps run on this? I'm mostly interested in some of the portable MMOs like Pocket Legends to run on the go would this be possible?

2. Would Xperia play type games be possible to run on the Pandora with physical controls mapped or would this be impossible?

3. What would not work no matter what we do?
1) if the dev that takes up the project doesn't do it I'm sure I can get the market running, hacking it in is easier than it used to be.

2) simple modify of the build.props file in /system allows you to tell android you are running any device that's out there. (important for android market downloads) I currently have my xperia play thinking it's a samsung nexus s so I can play netflix on it, simple edit allow me to go back to the xperia play after reboot. Keymapping will be easy enough as the buttons are just standard hardware buttons from android's perspective no funky api's or anything, just map them to the compatible mapping. The analog sticks might take some extra work as it's proprietary but it's heavily documented on Sony Ericsson developer website (i am not skilled enough to do this part)

3)apps that depend on hardware the pandora doesn't have obviously like phone and stuff with haptic feedback. Some apps that depend on hardware encryption modules for drm (not a whole lot) I may not be smart enough to completely answer this question.

also a side note android has built in mouse cursor support in addition to touch screen... just as an fyi (I learned this last week)

Thanks :) cmon guys if we get more to start putting down smaller bounties like 50 people to put down 10 each than it would be an extra 500!

If any of our German speaking readers could post on the German Boards in this thread that a bounty is available for this project then that would be much appreciated.

Thought about using google translate but didn't want to cause a diplomatic incident due to poor translation :p

I cant wait to see if we get android working and we can use the emulators on android too. AND MINEDROID WOULD BE AWESOME ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Why didn't we do this all along?!

SOMEBODY DO ONE FOR PSP.

Haha, I wish I knew what was happening with Pandora/PSP emulation...

Why didn't we do this all along?!

SOMEBODY DO ONE FOR PSP.

Haha, I wish I knew what was happening with Pandora/PSP emulation...
You are welcome to start your own bounty for a PSP emulator but I doubt it will be a feasible project.

Well I remember a PSP project and I'd love to start a bounty, but I'm currently flat broke. But IIRC, it's possible, just difficult.

What we really need is a bounty board
"Greetings Developer! new bounties are avialabe at the OpenPandora bounty board."

This sounds like a good idea, but i think for something like this people should also be able to make non-profit bounties avilable as well.

Back