Android bootable SD card?

Silent-Hunter

Hardcore Member
I want to install Android with the actual Android kernel, instead of piggybacking off of the SuperZaxxon kernel, because some apps don't work when I do that. Is this possible?

I know what you mean,i had experimented a lot with Android premade SD Image for

Beagleboard to get it run on the Pandora.

With this way i destroyed in some Way not only my Zaxxon from Nand,also the Bootloader Uboot inside the Nand.

Luckily i found a Way to reflash my Pandora with Special MLO Files.

Here and there do i experiment with getting Android or Windows CE/8 running on the Pandora but i never hat any success with it.

An Android 4.4.4 oder even 4.0 would be realy fine as second/thirt Operating System ^_^

And there are premade Images for Omap3530 and DM3730 but they dont work on Pandora,

did not getting a evem a booting Picture from them :unsure:

I want to install Android with the actual Android kernel, instead of piggybacking off of the SuperZaxxon kernel, because some apps don't work when I do that. Is this possible?

?

Android and Gnu/Linux share the same kernel.
Almost, but Android has special changes. Until those are merged back into the mainline kernel then Android has a special kernel.

Patch those changes in, recompile the kernel, add to SD card... Simple right?

My worst experience with the android kernel was a few years ago that it had a hardcoded group which you must be a member of to have network access. Even if you were root you can't have network access without being in this group. We had some fun with an Android kernel chrooting into a Debian FS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some People wrote who easy it should be but no one exept Notaz did run Android on the Pandora realy.

When its so easy...why make no one an real Android SD Card Image for us? ;)

I tried it serveral Times and failed ever...

...destroyed even my bootloader with the wrong Image,but got the Pandora to work again.

When i try more in my Holiday,there are premade Images with ICS for the Beagleboard and maybe i get some Things to work then.

Have another one from here any Success with it or important Hints? ;)

2 Years later..still no bootable Android SD Card.
None of my Experiments worked.
I am unable to get Android ICS or another Android directly booting from an SD Card.
Maybe someone of you have an Idea or got it running?
I know we have an old Version from Notaz working..
...and i even know that i am not the only One who want Android as Thirt OS on the Pandora :)

Nice :D
Does this Remix OS support Arm?
Do we have a working Kernel for the Pandora for it?
And does it support U-boot?

:D

Back