Analog Stick Wearing Out

blues2

i've had my caanoo since the very first week it was available and have been using it all the time. i take care of and protect my caanoo very well but over time the analog stick center has started to wear out and randomly makes movements to the right at the slightest touch. only in emulators that don't have any center deadzone like gpsp and pcsx4all would it be noticable. i guess i'm requesting maybe for developers to consider a center deadzone for the analog stick in future emulators and apps.

SolarLune said:
GPSP has deadzone - it's under the Input options, I think.

the earlier gpsp deadzone option didn't work correctly but the newer emulator works fine now.

eventually everyone's analog stick will be off centered by a micromillimeter or so over many hours of use. only emulators that does not have any deadzone will this be a problem. mame, neogeo, neogeo cd, picodrive, gpsp, and some others i'm missing all have good deadzones. pcsx4all, the nes, gameboy and some other emulators don't have any.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't had any problems with mine yet functionally, but I use it almost exclusively at work and my nice little white Caanoo has a grungy looking yellow rubber nub now. Its pretty gross. I wish there was some way to clean it.

ozzuneoj said:
I haven't had any problems with mine yet functionally, but I use it almost exclusively at work and my nice little white Caanoo has a grungy looking yellow rubber nub now. Its pretty gross. I wish there was some way to clean it.

i use my caanoo practically everyday and sometimes will go into long gaming marathons when i have the time. in the month of january alone i probably spent 150 hours playing some old playstation rpgs. there were days where i did nothing but played, eat, and sleep because i couldn't get myself to stop playing. i don't think any analog controller will be perfectly centered with this amount of usage. and since so many games have you moving to the right the majority of the time my analog stick would randomly sticks move to the right by a very tiny amount. it isn't a problem when there is a deadzone but not all developers are aware of this problem and don't include deadzones in their emulators or applications.

i also have a white caanoo and the nub does get disgusting looking when compared to the rest of the caanoo. i wipe it using a cloth lightly moist with a cleaning solution and it doesn't look so bad anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back