An Issue With The Damned Gp2x Stick!

Shaun

I started playing my GP2X the other day, and I noticed something... the stick wasn't clicking. I reset the 2X and as I have the alternative menu frontend, and clicking in the stick would load the highlighted program, it loaded it instantly. Turns out that the stick is pushed in too much. I tried fiddling with it... and it came off! With just the uncomfy metal part there, which could be used to control a game, but it isn't very comfy (sorry if this post isn't very descriptive but I can't think straight right now). So, I pushed the stick back on, and it works, but once again it thinks it's being clicked in. Please help, I've been satisfied with my GP2X till now.

It's broken. Either return it for a refund/replacement or order a new joystick assembly (from a place like alps electronic supply) and replace it yourself (if you're handy with a soldering iron).

... and this is the gp32 section ;)

give it some twisting love, its probably just stuck down somewhere in the depths of your gp2x..try to pop it out is what im getting at

best of luck

Strange coincidence but my joystick broke yesterday as well, the stick seems to not be connected to what it should be connected to anymore and just lies there all limp!

AND another coincidence is that my name is sean too!!

Wierd eh!

Strange coincidence indeed. Sorry about posting in the wrong forum; I didn't realise. It would probably cost as much as the GP2X unit itself to send it back, so in other words, I'm screwed.

Since you live in England, try dropping gp2x.co.uk a line to see if they can help.

yaustar posted on Sep 14 2006 at 07:00 PM said:
Since you live in England, try dropping gp2x.co.uk a line to see if they can help.

Thanks. I just did that and they told me to send the GP2X back with the 'Protx order number'. I'm going to have to scan my e-mails for that. :-||'

It'll probably cost a lot to send it back too, and I don't have that kind of money. I shouldn't be having this problem in the first place... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah it cost me about £6 for postage (recorded del.) as the first unit I got sent I kind of... blew with a bad adapter :eek: .They sent me a 2nd unit next day without quibble.

Back