An interesting e-ink screen...

My Energy E-Reader Pro+ has some kind of touchscreen, I'm not actually sure what. I've noticed it's not very sensitive.
Seems to be capacitive, and works fine in certain contexts, so the unresponsiveness in other contexts must be a software issue. Note to self: pushing it harder doesn't help.

If we can figure out how to fit this in the top of the lid, I would much prefer this over that LED and Pyra logo. We would also need to figure out how to hook this up in addition to the main screen. I would definitely be interested in writing and using software made to take advantage of this screen.

-God Ginrai

If we can figure out how to fit this in the top of the lid, I would much prefer this over that LED and Pyra logo. We would also need to figure out how to hook this up in addition to the main screen. I would definitely be interested in writing and using software made to take advantage of this screen.

-God Ginrai

Hypothetically...
A 3D printed case lid and tapping into the LEDs as data lines and a siphon for power from the main display...

Someone would need to go first.

I'd be interested to see the pinout of these screens. As a basis I'd expect them to have a single high speed data line acting like the cathode feed of a crt scanning across then down the image to transmit the image data, and perhaps a return line to tell the system when the screen is fully rendered. The return line may be a problem given the current LEDs are considered an output only devices, but perhaps the GPIO that drives them could be convinced to become an input after it had sent out all of its data.

Back