Amiga

rayzzor

Still Fresh
Hi everyone. Just got my WIZ from thinkgeek - and so far no problems at all to report! My question is - is Amiga development dead?
I really mean to ask - is all development dead for the WIZ?

I would love to have save states in mame and especially Amiga. I wonder what it would take to talk someone into it or if it's even possible.
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to save games with the Amiga emulator. I will post something about that in the currently running thread - but the answers have been vague.

Anyway - loving the Wiz and really happy with it overall. With Amiga save states I would think it was a perfect little machine.

There is no savestate option in UAE4All. You must use the in game save options as if you were actually sitting in front of an Amiga. Create a blank .adf disk in Win UAE and then move it to your Wiz. When you are ready to save in-game then go to the menu and put the blank disk into drive 1. Go back to your game and save . . .

Thanks for the reply - even if it was a paste and copy basically. I understand completely how to do this and DID read the threads. It just doesn't work on a few games I want it to. Mostly It Came From The Desert. If you can get it working PLEASE let me know what I could possibly be doing wrong.

And I knew there weren't save states - my question was is the development dead - which from the lack of replies I am guessing yes.

Thanks again for the reply.

rayzzor said:
Thanks for the reply - even if it was a paste and copy basically. I understand completely how to do this and DID read the threads. It just doesn't work on a few games I want it to. Mostly It Came From The Desert. If you can get it working PLEASE let me know what I could possibly be doing wrong.

And I knew there weren't save states - my question was is the development dead - which from the lack of replies I am guessing yes.

Thanks again for the reply.

The easiest way to facilitate saving on the Wiz is to download UAE for PC. You will need the kickrom and all. For It Came From The Desert go to the Floppies section of UAE and create a formatted disk by clicking Create Standard Disk. Name it DSAVE.adf. Copy it to your Wiz. When playing it on the Wiz, save the game by going to the upper left hand corner of the Locations map. Clicking Save Game will prompt you to insert DSAVE. Your game should be saved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back