Amiga And The Wiz

Ravippe

Still Fresh
hello everyone, i have always been a big retro gamer and have seen and tried a few amiga games. i would like to ask, which games are both fun and run well on wiz. many games seem to be a tad slow unless overclocked or have terrible controls. so instead of going through all of them post the ones you like. try posting ones that you know work well on wiz.i think alot of wiz owners are scared to go into amiga caus it isnt the most ideal system for the wiz if you can list some games i will make another hd video on youtube just for amiga games

These are just some of the games that I like mainly because they bring back the most memories and they run well without overclocking.

Arachnophobia
Batman The Movie
CarVup
Dyna Blaster
Gods
IK+
Magic Pockets
Rick Dangerous 1+2
StarRay
Stunt Car Racer
Switchblade 1+2
Thunderbirds
Turrican 2
Xenon 2

(I'm currently (and have been for a while) wishing for HAM picture support as the Amiga had some great artwork on the old slideshow and demo disks, but I don't think there's much chance as this emulator was finished with nearly a year ago now (wink, wink, nudge, nudge developers!)

Games that i managed to play:

Another World - Blood Money - Barbarian - Barbarian 2 - Cadaver - Chuck Rock - Lemmings - Gauntlet 2 - Gods - Kick off 2 - Pinball Fantasies - Pinball Dreams - Supaplex - Teenage Queen - Arkanoid 2 - Buggy Boy - Maniac Mansion - Zak Macraken - Speedball 2 - Turrican 1 - Turrican 2 - Turrican 3

I found that many games don´t works if you don´t set the number of disk drives to 1, also you must use Run (start) after chaging the disk, i don´t know why but it seems to help in some games. Maybe these tips are just a superstitious behavior, but works for me.

Sorry for my doubtful english.

Currently I'm playing:

Disposable Hero (overclocked)
Yo Joe! (overclocked)
Hero Quest II: Legacy Of Sorasil
Ruff 'n' Tumble
Dreamweb
ATR: All Terrain Racing
Sensible Soccer
Curse of Enchantia

Some of my favorites are:
Apidya
Agony
Gods
Turrican 2
Xenon 1-2
Shadow of the Beast 1-3
Leander
Obliterator
Awesome
Atomino
Z-Out
Defender of the Crown
Killing Game Show
Stryx
Speedball 1
Blood Money
Menace
Wrath of the Demon
Space Ace
Dragon's Lair Time Warp

Well I have around 200 Amiga games in my rom directory (that is games, not adf disks). Took me a long time to select them all.

Lots are not working or have some sort of significant problem. Lots are also working.

I guess I can write some of the working ones, note these haven't been extensively tested so far.. Only been quickly loaded up and quickly played:

Bard's Tale
Heimdal
Addam's Family
Alien Breed Special Edition
Battle Chess
Bombuzal
Bubba'n'Stix
Bubble Bobble
Chuck Rock
D-Generation
Defender of the Crown
Deliverance
Duck Tales
Fire and Ice
Goblins II
Infestation
It Came from the Desert (haven't tried number 2 yet)
K240
Legends of Valor (Not really that good to play on the Wiz)
Mortal Kombat
Nebulus
Project X
Rick Dangerous
Rodland (some speed issues can be somewhat fixed by changing the System Clock setting)
Shadow of the Beast
SuperFrog
Three Stooges
Wings
Wizkid
Xenon I, II

I have a lot more games, they are the ones I can remember working. I still have a lot of testing to do.

Here are some games that either don't work or have very poor playability on the Wiz:

Dragon Wars (Poor playability)
Back to the Future Part III
Bubble and Squeak
Cadaver
Corporation
Eliminator (Its a shame I mastered this game when younger)
Flood
Ishar
Pinball Dreams (another shame)
Shufflepuck Cafe (Poor playability)

While not always the case, it often seems to be the cracktros which are the problem, so tracking down a version cracked by a different group may help in some cases.

but what speed do you overclock the wiz to play with amiga games (when overclock is needed)?

qwertyui said:
Well I have around 200 Amiga games in my rom directory (that is games, not adf disks). Took me a long time to select them all.

Lots are not working or have some sort of significant problem. Lots are also working.

I guess I can write some of the working ones, note these haven't been extensively tested so far.. Only been quickly loaded up and quickly played:

Bard's Tale
Heimdal
Addam's Family
Alien Breed Special Edition
Battle Chess
Bombuzal
Bubba'n'Stix
Bubble Bobble
Chuck Rock
D-Generation
Defender of the Crown
Deliverance
Duck Tales
Fire and Ice
Goblins II
Infestation
It Came from the Desert (haven't tried number 2 yet)
K240
Legends of Valor (Not really that good to play on the Wiz)
Mortal Kombat
Nebulus
Project X
Rick Dangerous
Rodland (some speed issues can be somewhat fixed by changing the System Clock setting)
Shadow of the Beast
SuperFrog
Three Stooges
Wings
Wizkid
Xenon I, II

I have a lot more games, they are the ones I can remember working. I still have a lot of testing to do.

Hi

Sorry for maybe sounding stupid here but how do you mean, games not ADF disks ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris S said:
Hi

He means 200 total games, Including ones that come on multiple (ADF) disks.
Not 200 ADF disks, Which could only amount to say 150 games.

Eg,

Rainbow Islands comes on 1 disk = 1 game.
Pinball Dreams comes on 2 disks = 1 game.
Hired Guns comes on 5 disks........= 1 game.

See ?.

Trooper

trooper said:
Chris S said:
Hi

He means 200 total games, Including ones that come on multiple (ADF) disks.
Not 200 ADF disks, Which could only amount to say 150 games.

Eg,

Rainbow Islands comes on 1 disk = 1 game.
Pinball Dreams comes on 2 disks = 1 game.
Hired Guns comes on 5 disks........= 1 game.

See ?.

Trooper

Hi

Thanks, I'll get me coat :D

anyone tried Super Cars 1 and 2?? 1 goes in guru meditation ..2 black screen.

i've a question about the amiga emu though. When you want to play another game (after you are already playing one) ...you go in the menu and what you do? you first load the new rom then you choose Reset? or Reset and then the new rom ? ..in both ways when i choose to reset ..i've a black screen and i've to restart the wiz. What is the good way to change game?

tnk

Wizard said:

i've a question about the amiga emu though. When you want to play another game (after you are already playing one) ...you go in the menu and what you do? you first load the new rom then you choose Reset? or Reset and then the new rom ? ..in both ways when i choose to reset ..i've a black screen and i've to restart the wiz. What is the good way to change game?

tnk

Hi

I have both working fine here :) 2 of my favourite games back in the day. Along with Chaos Engine which also works fine.

I normally select the rom, then press reset in the menu to load a different game. Thats the same as putting in a new disk and pressing Ctl, Amiga, Amiga I think.

Shame there is no AGA support

Andy G said:
Wizard said:

tnk

Hi

I have both working fine here :) 2 of my favourite games back in the day. Along with Chaos Engine which also works fine.

I normally select the rom, then press reset in the menu to load a different game. Thats the same as putting in a new disk and pressing Ctl, Amiga, Amiga I think.

Shame there is no AGA support

weird you use any kind of configuration you use for supercars 1 and 2? what kind of firmware you use ..you have a link where i can find your version? (me 1.3) ? you are using 0.80 version of ua3e?

qwertyui said:
While not always the case, it often seems to be the cracktros which are the problem, so tracking down a version cracked by a different group may help in some cases.
Could there be a way to remove them?

Reo said:
qwertyui said:
Could there be a way to remove them?

Hi

If you could remove the cracktro the game more than likely still would not work, bad cracked games are bad cracked games, cracktro or no cracktro....

There were Amiga games that were cracked so badly that the game in some cases could not even be completed :(

So as stated above tracking down another version could be the only way to go.

Back