Wiz Questions

Fiery Phoenix

Still Fresh
Unsure whether to go for The Pandora or purchase a WIZ

All I really want is play MAME and Amiga games on a handheld unit - does the WIZ do this well?

Also does the WIZ emulate DOSBOX ok? Especially some of the old skool adventure games.

Of course price is a factor and the WIZ is a hell of a lot cheaprer than The Pandora - what are the main benefits to The Pandora over the WIZ for someone like me who is just interested in emulation gaming - can the WIZ pretty much emulate what the Pandora can do?

Can the WIZ also browse the net? Flash player - or is that just The Pandora that has that option?

They are 2 very different beasts.

The Wiz is at its best with Console and arcade emulator, as you need an onscreen keyboard for Amiga/C64/dos/etc. Though the emulators are available
I find dosbox unusable, but I've probably got a setting wrong somewhere.

The wait on the Pandora is unknown at the minute... In theory it sshould be all sent next month. but things keep going wrong for them.

The Pandora would do Mame+amiga better for you, as it has the keyboard as well as game controls. But it's wether you can wait until XXXX for it to be delivered.

I've got a Wiz at the minute, and to be honest it's a decent bit of kit. But I also have a Pandora on Pre-Order and can't wait to play some keyboard based games.

So The Wiz can't do any keyboard based games????

How different is The Wiz to the GP2X F200 - was told that can't emulate anything on MAME more complicated that NEGEO and Amiga emulation runs a bit slow - is this still the same with The Wiz?

What about net browsing or is that just The Pandora?

The wiz can do keyboard games, but you have a virtual keyboard covering half the screen, that you have to turn off and on..... I found it more trouble than it was worth.

I've never played on the F200 so can't comment, sorry.

Net browsing is just the Pandora, the wiz doesn't have wi-fi out of the box.

The Wiz does seem good for the proce, especially if it emulates the Amiga and MAME pretty well - not too hung up on the latest arcade games - talking the 80's classics like Paperboy, OutRun and Ghosts n Goblins

Back