american meetup

diablojeff

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
i have been hearing alot about the britich meetup and now someone is trying to start a swedish meetup how about an american one how many people here have a gp32

I think we could quite possibly do an american meet up, the only problem is that all of us American gp32 owners are only like 8 and 9 :p

I say we meet up at the ypsi/arbor bowl between ypsilanti and ann arbor michigan. They have a bar and bowling and everyone loves drinkin/bowlin so add some video game playin to that and you have somthing that no one can turn down. As well thats only a five minute drive to the white castle which has chicken rings and small crappy hamburgers which is another sure fire hit. I don't eat the meat but the idea of chicken made into a ring shape blows my mind so you guys will be like "MMMMMMMMMM" and I'll be like "WHAOAAAAA!!1". You know what I mean we're all fat lazy americans so a night of bowling, drinking, and fast food can't get any better.

I say we do it in Illinios, because of the metra system... and besides all of us americans are like 8 and 9 ;)

except for you... your just a drunken old man

hey ya wanna cyber

*takes off pants

no really an american gp32 meet sounds sweet and all but I'm going into my last year at school and I will be substitue teaching / working in a computer lab on top of that so I won't have time to shower let alone go on any road trips for awhile so that pretty much leaves all of my free time set aside for being "a drunken old man" so I hope you kids have fun unless you want to take me up on my ypsi-arbor bowl and white castle idea

Oh God, you wouldn't believe what I'm wearing right now. I mean, I have absolutely no fashion sense. I must be, like, the worst dresser in the world. My top doesn't match my shoes and my pants don't go with my eyes. And to top it all off, all of my accessories are completely mismatched today. Atleast I was able to get one thing straight, I was able to get my socks to match my hair color. Well, you know, the color of my hair for today. Well, first thing tomorrow, I'm going on a shopping spree. I saw these really cute cargo shorts at American Eagleand they're light blue. They would just look awesome with that pink tank top of mine. Maybe I'll finally be able to get Billy to notice me. Maybe he'll even ask me out. Do you think, do you think??? Oh my god, I would just die if he would. Think you could pick me up tomorrow? OK good, make it 3:30. But this time, make sure to get your dad's beemer, I just hate your mom's car.

It'd be cool for it to happen, but it's obviously less likely because of the distances involved. I wonder what the distribution of people is like... maybe you should get a few going? Either that, or all come to the British one :p

I couldnt do it, unless it was in Illinois. Plus it would have to be soon, school starts in a few weeks for me.

Well, I am in Upstate New York. And I would meetup anywhere on the east coast. I would probably go as far west as Ohio, and as far south as North Carolina.
Axeman is right though, the distances is far to great between all us few and proud American GPer's.
One year we should all have a global meetup. Plan it about 8 months in advance and pick a centralized area for all gather. If it was sanctioned by GamePark, that would be even greater...but alas...they would probably have it stationed in Korea somewhere. *WHich isn't a bad thing. Just a REALLY LONG FLIGHT" ;) BUT A global Gathering would kick some serious bum.
Anywho...I am up for suggestions.

America is simply "too freaking huge" for one meet-up, you'd need to have several in different places. Depends on the user-base I guess...

Well how many people could come if we had it in down town chicago, close to union station (metra station)?

I could make it. BUT...I would need to give my workplace a 2 month notice to when the meetup would be.
Chicago is far for me.....but.... I am about 70% sure I can go.... I think...:)

Back