Amd Mobile Graphics

If I remember correctly about as powerful as a Gamecube.

BTW, the press release does not say it'll be as powerful, but that it is based on the same technology as an xbox 360.

The GPU being as powerful as a xbox 360 is very relative. Are they saying that it will render as fast on a 240 x 320 as the xbox 360 will on a 1080p display, because if thats the case thats not really that big of news. Thats like 25 times the number of pixels that the gpu needs to render to, so the mobile GPU doesn't need the bandwidth the 360's version needs. My guess is that if someone did the math the Pandora's GPU would preform better.

Not another hardware press release.

How many more are we going to have to endure before the Pandora is actually released.

Moved to -> Off Topic.

Trooper

Pandora graphics = significantly more powerful/flexible than Dreamcast, that's all we know for sure. The architecture is way too different to compare with other big players.

I don't see anywhere where this says that it'll be as powerful as XBox 360. It says that the architecture is based on the unified shader architecture that XBox 360 uses, which is a vastly different statement. In reality the capabilities will probably be very scaled down - an XBox 360 level handheld at this date is very difficult to believe. I think all this is really saying is that it'll have the same rough feature set and a unified shader architecture. Both of these things apply to the Pandora's PowerVR SGX as well.

We've seen all these announcements for years without many products being produced except in Japan and Korea where they are massively un-utilised for 3D GPS or crappy MIDP.

At this point, the groups that oneday lead to kickarse products are Toshiba, nVidia, AMD and Qualcomm with TI and Intel already offering their own unique and uniqueish solution.

Back