alright... SO i decided to open up my old broken pandora

Won't pulling that much current start overheating PCB traces, etc?

Won't pulling that much current start overheating PCB traces, etc?
What would you really put for 1A vs 2A ?

i need to download that datasheet
well. downloaded the pdf and it does not say what those two are specifically.

Hopefully ED can shed some light so i can order some

also. Radioshack, Huge sale. BUY BUY BUY SOLDER WIRE DOIT DOIT DOIT

(what i bought could have been $72 but was $32 instead :) )

i bought a multimeter, mesh cleaner and a anti static kit (1 .032" lead free solder and 1 0.05" lead free sized solder wire)

Last edited by a moderator:
aaaaand i ran into a problem checking the continuity.

Nothing is broken.

and one part read on my multimeter 1.337, is it true the pandora is imbued with the very Leet?

(the mini usb read 0.500, and the barrel jack read 1.300)

Where were you checking continuity exactly?

The voltages at the ports sound reasonable to me.  Your charger is okay then.
thats the problem. when i plug the barrel-jack in. it doesnt charge. when i plug the mini usb in. it charges but not enough to keep the charge (because it turns on the system)

Hmm, the barrel jack should also turn the unit on.  It should be possible to positively charge the battery over mini-USB, although you might be getting limited to 100mA by USB negotiation with whatever you're plugging it into (more specifically, the Pandora doesn't negotiate anything, so according to the spec, ought to be limited to 100mA) - you'll do best by plugging it into a dumb 2A USB wall wort.

I'll have to get my multimeter out and my (mostly working) Pandora.  Mine won't boot up without the battery in (never has), but I can test to see where I can find 5V on the board (looking at the area marked 'don't touch' first of all).

Back