Allegro 5 issues

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
So I've compiled my program. Works fine on the desktop, however, when I run it on the Pandora, when shutting down, it leaves the EGL window open on the screen, and I have to use putty from my desktop to kill it. I'm sure I've had this problem before, but can't find anything searching on the boards. Anyone got any ideas?

Also, when I do copy_libs.sh from Code::Blocks, and try and run it on the Pandora without Code::Blocks mounted, it crashes when I press a key - in gdb, it gives me:

Code:
[New LWP 5408]

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
[Switching to LWP 5408]
0x40451174 in xlocaledir () from ./libX11.so.6
I don't really know what to do from here

You could have a look at other allegro 5 pnds from ptitseb.

You can use his basic setup with an altered startupscript to start your program instead.

Yeah, what mcobit said should work. Specificaly, take a look at Monster2rpg, it's the last Allegro 5 game I packaged.

About the window not closing, I know I have an issue that, when I did Monster2rpg, could not fix. So I used a (very very hugly) try: I call a raise(SIGINT); (you need to include <signal.h> for that). I told you it's super hugly.

One day maybe I'll find what is preventing Allegro to quit properly...

Thanks, I've downloaded Monster2RPG; there seems to be more files in the lib folder that copy_libs.sh got, so I'll just try copying them all in my release folder and giving it a whirl.

I guess it's not big deal if it doesn't work. I wasn't planning on putting this project in the repo - or even generally releasing it to the public, so I could run it through Code::Blocks. Just some things to consider on my other Pandora projects though.

Edit: The extra libs work. Thanks. I'll try and have a further look into the display not shutting, to see if I can find any helpful information

Last edited by a moderator:
Back