All The Rechargeables You Could Ever Want

reallynotnick posted on Feb 4 2006 at 06:52 PM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Feb 4 2006 at 11:20 AM said:
OMars posted on Feb 4 2006 at 11:43 AM said:
This seems to be a good set, I'm not sure they would fit, but they are 4800mAh. :)

P.S. Aren't the PSP's batteries 3600mAh? :huh:
or, you could just buy the 2500 a piece batteries and get more power

No the 4800mAh battery pack is WAY more powerful then the 2500mAh batteries. Thats because your AA batteries are in series so the voltage adds up to 2.4v but your mAh stay the same. So you have 2.4v with 2500mAh, and 3.6v at 4800mAh. I would bet the 4800mAh battery would last about 2-3x longer.

Man I have learned so much from you guys here. :D
Btw that battery pack is about 2 cm too long.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could simply connect the 2 normal batteries in parralel (if thats how the 4800mAh one is setup) wouldn't be too difficult though it may be messy if your not handy with modification.

batteries have to be 50mm x 30mm*15mm approximately to fit and even then for square batteries you're going to have to cut out the case.

4g ipod batteries are about as long and wide as you can possibly get inside the battery cover (but you do need to do extensive cutting) and three of them in parallel give you a very long life.

nickspoon posted on Feb 3 2006 at 03:30 AM said:
Powerizer? Sounds like a piece of crap, really. Energizer ripoff I expect.

I have purchased batteries from this company on a number of occasions (basically when I need a large amount quickly, as they were located very close to me at the time).

The original Powerizer batteries (1600mah green labels) sucked ass, they would only hold a good charge for the first dozen or so charges, then they would go downhill quickly. A couple even leaked.

I acquired a few of the 1800mah ones and had no issues with them, but they were not the longest lasting batteries I had (and still green labeled).

Then I purchased these exact batteries linked to in the fist post and I can tell you that they are very good. The build quality is better (the label is more professionally done, and it does peel off right away). They don't seem to get hot in my charger (Maha c401fs) and they do not get hot in the GP2x.

I get between 4 and 6 hours depending on what I am doing (mostly DrMD) and for the price I do not think I am exxagerating when I say that they are the best deal I have come across in my NiMH experience.

I use rechargeables extensively for RC cars / planes, robotics (Industrial Tech. class I run for kids), and a host of other applications.

G Morgan posted on Feb 4 2006 at 02:18 PM said:
You could simply connect the 2 normal batteries in parralel (if thats how the 4800mAh one is setup) wouldn't be too difficult though it may be messy if your not handy with modification.

You COULD do that that, but then you would only have 1.2v. You would need 4 AA batteries to do that.

The 4800mAh one has 3.6v.

Hodr posted on Feb 4 2006 at 08:42 PM said:
I get between 4 and 6 hours depending on what I am doing (mostly DrMD) and for the price I do not think I am exxagerating when I say that they are the best deal I have come across in my NiMH experience.

I use rechargeables extensively for RC cars / planes, robotics (Industrial Tech. class I run for kids), and a host of other applications.
I stand corrected.

OMars posted on Feb 4 2006 at 10:43 AM said:
This seems to be a good set, I'm not sure they would fit, but they are 4800mAh. :)

P.S. Aren't the PSP's batteries 3600mAh? :huh:

Someone should try them........ :ph34r:

the default PSP battery is 1800mah @ 3.7V. i believe You can get (larger) extended batteries that are 3600 but you're going into external battery territory there

Back