All The Rechargeables You Could Ever Want

But ... I don't want 2300's ... my Energizer 2500's work just fine for me ;)

TelcoLou posted on Feb 2 2006 at 11:04 PM said:
But ... I don't want 2300's ... my Energizer 2500's work just fine for me ;)

But... I don't even think your 2500's are any match for the amount of power contained in

THIS!!!

EDIT: But I think you'll need THIS before you even begin to manage the charging of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll admit, that's one big-ass charger :lol:

... thing is, the GP2X only needs 2 AAs, and I keep a fully charged pair on standby at all times ... so 4 x 2500 is plenty for me :)

TelcoLou posted on Feb 2 2006 at 10:17 PM said:
I'll admit, that's one big-ass charger :lol:

... thing is, the GP2X only needs 2 AAs, and I keep a fully charged pair on standby at all times ... so 4 x 2500 is plenty for me :)

Ditto. Ill stick with my 4 energizers.

What could you possibly need that many batteries for. With a fast charger your likely to get a full charge in something like a few hours and 2500mAh is expected to last a few hours. You'd have to play it for something like 23 hours per day for days on end in order to stretch the batteries/charger to their limit.

Of course I have an anachronism of a charger (takes 14 hours to charge 1000mAh at the moment) which is getting replaced very shortly soon after my GP2X arrives, they'll have probably come down in price by then as well. In fact I'll probably be spending Euros by then as well :D .

G Morgan posted on Feb 3 2006 at 09:19 AM said:
What could you possibly need that many batteries for. With a fast charger your likely to get a full charge in something like a few hours and 2500mAh is expected to last a few hours. You'd have to play it for something like 23 hours per day for days on end in order to stretch the batteries/charger to their limit.

Of course I have an anachronism of a charger (takes 14 hours to charge 1000mAh at the moment) which is getting replaced very shortly soon after my GP2X arrives, they'll have probably come down in price by then as well. In fact I'll probably be spending Euros by then as well :D .
I have about 40 rechargebles :p

aapje89 posted on Feb 3 2006 at 09:51 AM said:
G Morgan posted on Feb 3 2006 at 09:19 AM said:

What are you trying to do. Run a car off 2500's.

aapje89 posted on Feb 3 2006 at 09:51 AM said:

ooh!

* dreams of huge array of gp2x's all running 24/7 with different games. A huge nuclear power plant in the back yard constantly churns out newly charged batteries to feed this guzzling network of power hungry beasts. there's me, not having to go to work, just staying at home all day playing games and turning into a complete social recluse. luxury! *

*wakes up*

doh!

I've tried various brands, and I've found Uniross and Energizer to be the best. I did buy a load of cheap Digital branded 2300mhas, which worked great for a while, but they seemed to stop taking a charge way sooner than the others.

RobertJ posted on Feb 3 2006 at 06:20 AM said:
I've tried various brands, and I've found Uniross and Energizer to be the best. I did buy a load of cheap Digital branded 2300mhas, which worked great for a while, but they seemed to stop taking a charge way sooner than the others.

Same here. I had those digital brand and they stopped taking a charge within a few weeks of usage.

These look great if you wanted to switch everything in your house from disposible batteries to recharable, you know little crap that does not need much power. Like flashlights, clocks, calculators, remote controlls, kids toys, and maybe a gameboy too.

Rechargeables are a terrible way to go for things like clocks and remotes and flashlights (assuming very little use) - they'll drain themselves much faster than alkalines would, and even rechargeables degrade in "storage".

This seems to be a good set, I'm not sure they would fit, but they are 4800mAh. :)

P.S. Aren't the PSP's batteries 3600mAh? :huh:

OMars posted on Feb 4 2006 at 11:43 AM said:
This seems to be a good set, I'm not sure they would fit, but they are 4800mAh. :)

or, you could just buy the 2500 a piece batteries and get more power

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Feb 4 2006 at 11:20 AM said:
OMars posted on Feb 4 2006 at 11:43 AM said:

or, you could just buy the 2500 a piece batteries and get more power

No the 4800mAh battery pack is WAY more powerful then the 2500mAh batteries. Thats because your AA batteries are in series so the voltage adds up to 2.4v but your mAh stay the same. So you have 2.4v with 2500mAh, and 3.6v at 4800mAh. I would bet the 4800mAh battery would last about 2-3x longer.

Man I have learned so much from you guys here. :D

Back