Aliens Versus Predator Port?

spikeyxx

Still Fresh
I don't think I need to say much about this one, anyone who remembers the old PC Version knows how good this would be.

The source is released, and a linux port was made?

Is this possible?

The version for the Atari Jaguar was great. It made me scream like a little girl.

spikeyxx said:
I don't think I need to say much about this one, anyone who remembers the old PC Version knows how good this would be.

The source is released
, and a linux port was made?

Is this possible?

then I don't see why not

Last edited by a moderator:
Very important link: http://www.gliffy.com/publish/1448256/

Even if it is open source, if it use directX it can't be ported ( at least without tons of effort )

Source has already been ported to OpenGL. Either that needs to be ported to OpenGLES (or started over from the Windows version), or (if we're lucky) the same wrapper that works on the Quake ports can work here.

I remember someone asking Pickle a while back if he'd consider porting it -- I think his response was basically that it wasn't on his to-do list at the moment, and he didn't even have the game to begin with.... I'd be more than willing to send him my copy of it, though. Seriously. I'd LOVE to see this happen. How 'bout it Pickle? :D

WizardStan said:
Source has already been ported to OpenGL. Either that needs to be ported to OpenGLES (or started over from the Windows version), or (if we're lucky) the same wrapper that works on the Quake ports can work here.

Adventus has a GL -> GLES wrapper. No idea how complete it is, currently producing some graphics for Mupen64plus. If it does the job, probably the quickest way to get something running.

im taking a look, ive hacked enough to almost have compiled.
But take that with a grain of salt as the SDL interface would need to be changed and some opengl things resolved.
It also says i can use the demo files, so for now im ok with data

Pickle said:
But take that with a grain of salt as the SDL interface would need to be changed and some opengl things resolved.

Oooh, MORE good news! :D

Best of luck with this one - it's a definate favourite :D

Pickle said:

That's really great to hear, Pickle. You'd better get one of the 105, is all I have to say. :)

Pickle said:

Just the thought of having this available on a Pandora is enough to make my head explode. For those of us not working on porting games, I suggest we all chip in and figure out some way to clone Pickle. We need at least 7 or 8 of him! (Same goes for all the other awesome programmers who would be too lengthy to name in this post.)

ive already grown quite a few cucumbers, i cant quite figure out how to pickle em though....maybe if i found a bigger pic of his avatar there might be some clue in the unreadable words

DaMummy said:
ive already grown quite a few cucumbers, i cant quite figure out how to pickle em though....maybe if i found a bigger pic of his avatar there might be some clue in the unreadable words
The text says something like 'pickle must be appeased', that came about in some other thread's silliness.

ok guys ;-), originally i tried to use nanogl and as i know now it doesnt work well outside of what it was designed to do or run with.
Lonewolf in the other thread has taken the time to convert the opengl to ES. So when this works credit goes to him. Since he doesnt have the hw ive offered to help in testing.

Pickle said:
DaMummy said:
The text says something like 'pickle must be appeased', that came about in some other thread's silliness.

ok guys ;-), originally i tried to use nanogl and as i know now it doesnt work well outside of what it was designed to do or run with.
Lonewolf in the other thread has taken the time to convert the opengl to ES. So when this works credit goes to him. Since he doesnt have the hw ive offered to help in testing.

Gravedigging FTW!

Any progress on this? Love to play a bit of AvP on the panda :)

D.

I got all the code converted over but now its just sitting on my hard disk at the moment gathering dust until my panda arrives so i can debug a crash on startup :(.
As soon as i get it this is the first thing I'm going to look at and i cant wait till then. I even stopped playing it on pc just so i can play it on the move! By the sounds of it that could be soon too :)

Lonewolf9383 said:
I got all the code converted over but now its just sitting on my hard disk at the moment gathering dust until my panda arrives so i can debug a crash on startup :( .
As soon as i get it this is the first thing I'm going to look at and i cant wait till then. I even stopped playing it on pc just so i can play it on the move! By the sounds of it that could be soon too :)

I think its going to be a challenge to debug, its not just a crash but a full lockup of the pandora.

Back