Alexxkidd2x "hiccup"...

zektor

Anyone know why this happens? The game freezes for a nanosecond a few seconds into loading the very first time I start any game. For example, I will load "Astro Warrior", start the game, and a few seconds into it the emulation freezes...for a split second and then continues just fine. Not a big deal I suppose, but I am just wondering why something like this would happen?

Same thing has happened to me in Frodo and GPFCE. Another anomaly that happens with both Alexkidd2x and GPFCE is the sound ....it is kind of going from left to right somewhat...hard to explain...just sounds like it is going from stereo to mono...then back to stereo...or something.

I am running everything on an F200. Other emulators seem fine. Anyone else experience these things? And before anyone asks, no I am not running anything weird in the background. Just a stock F200, boothing to menu and loadin the .gpe.

My first thought was a speaker fault for the sound, but you say everything else is fine? I don't know.

As for the small hiccups, try different clock values... I had the same problem in PocketSNES. However, I'm running on a f-100 MK2, so your milage may vary ;-)

Well, I have a week off now...lots of time to test and play :) I do remember this happening with AlexKidd2X on my f-100 mk2 a long while back tho too, so I am not so sure. It only happens once per game, then it is ok.....very odd.

This happens with all software on the GP2x and cannot be avoided. There is a technical reason for it that I think Reesy once explained on these forums but I cannot find his post.

markiej said:
I noticed it too. the hiccup happens on other apps, but for some reason is more pronounced on alexkidd2x

Still an amazing emu...

Yeah, not a big deal. It only happens the one time for me and then I can play without the problem. I really love this emulator. Only thing I wish it had was an ability to use the original BIOS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lineus said:
My first thought was a speaker fault for the sound, but you say everything else is fine? I don't know.

As for the small hiccups, try different clock values... I had the same problem in PocketSNES. However, I'm running on a f-100 MK2, so your milage may vary ;-)

Ohh, btw, that sound issue is also present on TV-out (through my TV speakers), so it is definitely not the GP2X speakers. Very odd too. GPFCE will sound fine, but then it sounds liek it went from 44100 to 22050...then back to 44100. Extremely odd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Why bother with small glitch?
I had the same problem too, and yes, it's very annoying for those people who want this emu run perfectly, but hey, at least the "hiccup" appearing only one time while starting a new game.

Remember, this is an emulator, and still on development status, so don't asking too much for author to fix it now, maybe someday someone will release a brand new emulator for SMS & GG without a "hiccup" or louder sound,
Maybe. . .

This happens occasionally (twice so far) to me on Alexxkidd2x, a few times on DrPocketSnes, and a lot of times on Cave Story. Not that any of these times were problematic, or even the slightest bit annoying, but I would like to know what is causing the "hiccups", as you put it... Just out of curiosity.

That slowdown at startup is because of Linux doing something in the background. Could never figure what and why.
The sound problem has something to do with the sound driver or the hardware itself.

Conclusion: both are firmware or hardware problems, not software (emu/homebrew).

Back