Alexkidd For Wiz? Abandoned?

dogeymon

Still Fresh
Website
www.facebook.com
So can I assume at this point that there is no one working anymore on the AlexKidd emulator? The Game Gear games will always play in a tiny little square box? And Sega Master games cut down with black bars?? Will these two systems ever play in fullscreen like Genesis? I sure hope so.

I don't think anyones working on any emulators for the Wiz since last year. The ones that the Wiz has got are only 'quick and dirty' ports of the GP2X versions and nothing was ever updated since. Some of the emulators even have references to GP2X buttons that the Wiz doesn't even have, they didn't even bother changing the text. It seems like there are only about 5 programmers on the whole scene and they're all working on the Pandora. Maybe in about a year they might come back to it (thats if GPH haven't released another 3 handhelds by then).

Even the Nintendo DS MasterSystem emulator 'S8DS' is a LOT better than the Wiz one. Also the ZX Spectrum emulator on the DS 'ZXDS' is far superior to the Wiz attempt. This is a real shame really considering the DS runs at 100mhz max (using both processors) so it's quite impressive. I think we all can just pray they continue work on the Wiz someday or maybe I'll just buy a Pandora and hope the scene lasts longer than a year !

liveevil said:
I don't think anyones working on any emulators for the Wiz since last year. The ones that the Wiz has got are only 'quick and dirty' ports of the GP2X versions and nothing was ever updated since.
Do you know the coder ZX-81?. He made many emulators and updated some of their. There are new versions of Lemonboy and Ohboy few months ago. I know personally the programmer of Alexkidd and I think he is working in new stuff for Wiz. Other programmer is working in a new emulator that can be released soon. There is a coding competition for Wiz and other consoles (PACC), I think will be many good programmers that can show us their good stuff.

Emulators are more difficult than normal applications or games, and they take several months to improve and test. If you don't see updates monthly not means that coders aren't working. The emu programmers works in many ports and projects, and sometimes they don't have many time but trust in they. They offer his work for free for us to enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hardyx said:
liveevil said:
I don't think anyones working on any emulators for the Wiz since last year. The ones that the Wiz has got are only 'quick and dirty' ports of the GP2X versions and nothing was ever updated since.
Do you know the coder ZX-81. He make many emulators and updated some of their. There are new versions of Lemonboy and Ohboy few months ago. I know personally the programmer of Alexkidd and I think he is working in new stuff for Wiz. Other programmer is working in a new emulator that can be released soon. There is a coding competition for Wiz and other consoles (PACC), I think will be many good programmers that can show us their good stuff.

Emulators are more difficult than normal applications or games, and they take several months to improve and test. If you don't see updates monthly not means that coders aren't working. The emu programmers works in many ports and projects, and sometimes they don't have many time but trust in they. They offer his work for free for us to enjoy.

That's good to hear. I don't mean to be a complainer. I have said in many posts that I would gladly PAYPAL donate to any or all programmers working on the emulators I love! If I could know how to make emulators myself, I would work on it.

liveevil said:

Are you a troll or something? I've read a couple of your posts that say that "nobody is working on the Wiz anymore", yet a new version of MAME has just been released, updates to Ohboy and Lemonboy have recently been released, and a new Wonderswan emulator has just been released. How do you suppose all this happened if nobody is developing for the system? Magic per chance?

Also, if I had written a Wiz emulator that's as polished as the likes of ScummVM, DrPocketSnes, Temper and Picodrive are, I'd be pretty insulted if someone referred to it as being a "quick and dirty" port.

Edit: Oh yeah, back on topic, Notaz is working on a new version of Picodrive (even though nobody is developing for the Wiz, apparently ;)) that has both 32X support and SMS support.

Crazyteknohed said:
Are you a troll or something? I've read a couple of your posts that say that "nobody is working on the Wiz anymore", yet a new version of MAME has just been released, updates to Ohboy and Lemonboy have recently been released, and a new Wonderswan emulator has just been released. How do you suppose all this happened if nobody is developing for the system? Magic per chance?

Also, if I had written a Wiz emulator that's as polished as the likes of ScummVM, DrPocketSnes, Temper and Picodrive are, I'd be pretty insulted if someone referred to it as being a "quick and dirty" port.

Edit: Oh yeah, back on topic, Notaz is working on a new version of Picodrive (even though nobody is developing for the Wiz, apparently ;) ) that has both 32X support and SMS support.

If you read my post correctly (which was over a week ago!!) you'll see that it says "I don't think anyones working on any emulators". I am mainly referring to the topic emulator 'Alexkidd' which was quickly ported from the GP2x and never got any further. Also referring to UAE4All which was quickly ported and never got any further, some options don't even work that used to work on the GP2x version. It even refers to the 'Start' button which the Wiz doesn't even have.

My main annoyance is the Amiga emu which is almost exactly the same as when I had it on my F100 three years ago, (I say almost exactly because some options have been broken due to the 'quick and dirty' port, and that's their words not mine). I am glad there are still minor updates happening even though Wonderswan is an Asian handheld so can't read any text on the games unless you can speak Japanese etc. Picodrive is the only emulator that doesn't need updating. I'm glad there are people like you who scan everything there is to know about the Wiz all day everyday while some of us have jobs.

Hopefully Picodrive 32x has improved since the YouTube videos running at 5fps overclocked to 800mhz!!!

Back