Albion

M-HT

Very Active Member
Website
github.com
Hi,

I finished a new version of Albion for the GP2X.

List of changes:
* fixed a bug when drawing a transparent wall (in 3D view)
+ added a sync call after saving a game
* turned off hw mouse cursor
+ configurable buttons (A,B,X,Y,Select,R+A,R+B,R+X,R+Y,R+Select)
* minor bug fixes

Albion alpha 3 on the gp2x archive

Thank you for the update! Great work

edit: Yes! The key configuration works, I can now click with button A which is awesome, my button B is a lil worn down.

xcen said:
I'll see if this one works for me, none of the previous releases worked on my f200 =(
It should work if you follow the installation instructions (in file readme-GP2X.txt).
If it doesn't, can you check if the file ERROR.LOG was created in the main directory (the directory where Albion.gpe is located). If it was, can you post the content?

Last edited by a moderator:
xcen said:
I'll see if this one works for me, none of the previous releases worked on my f200 =(
:huh:
f200s are all the same, it works, you only have to read instructions...
There are a lot of peoples thinking that their gp2xs are different in some ways from the others and released and tested software may not work.
No, it works, always.

Draken said:
I wonder, what more needs to be done for a "full" release aside from sounds and music?
Touchscreen support.

Some speed optimizations would be nice (also frameskip comes to mind), maybe more user friendlyness, but nobody wanted (complained about) these, so they're not planned yet.

M-HT said:
Draken said:
I wonder, what more needs to be done for a "full" release aside from sounds and music?
Touchscreen support.

Some speed optimizations would be nice (also frameskip comes to mind), maybe more user friendlyness, but nobody wanted (complained about) these, so they're not planned yet.

Touchscreen support? Reason to buy f-200 at last! :D

Dobrá práce chlape ;)

WhiteFalcon said:
LOOM: Long time no see ;)
Hi old friend! Almost everything in my life has changed, except for love of old games:) But I'm back!

M-HT: Will you port albion to Pandora? I'll wait for it if you will... And if you won't I'm ordering f-200 right now:) btw I still have my original cd:))

LOOM said:
M-HT: Will you port albion to Pandora? I'll wait for it if you will... And if you won't I'm ordering f-200 right now:) btw I still have my original cd:))
Probably yes. But that also depends on whether Albion will be playable on Pandora using DOSBox. Btw I have three original cds :)

I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions properly...

There are differences between the F200 and the F100, thus my specification (ie.: some problems in sound processing, seen in many applications)

Here is the log output... it looks like it's expecting a SAVE directory but I dunno why or where I should create it =)

**** Error log ****

Albion v1.38 (created on Jul 25 1996 12:39:09)
Executed on Sat Dec 8 14:55:59 2007

BBERROR: ERRORSTACK START:--------------
BBDOS Library: DOS_Open: open() oserror - FILENAME: SAVES\SAVE.100 - DATA: 0 - OSERROR: 1
Albion: Could not access saved game.
(line 1003 of file g:\albion\src\saveload.c)
BBERROR: ERRORSTACK END-----------------

Please read the README.TXT file to find out how to contact
the Blue Byte hotline.

xcen said:

**** Error log ****

Albion v1.38 (created on Jul 25 1996 12:39:09)
Executed on Sat Dec 8 14:55:59 2007

BBERROR: ERRORSTACK START:--------------
Please read the README.TXT file to find out how to contact
the Blue Byte hotline.
Blue Byte hotline :D

xcen said:

There are differences between the F200 and the F100, thus my specification (ie.: some problems in sound processing, seen in many applications)

Here is the log output... it looks like it's expecting a SAVE directory but I dunno why or where I should create it =)
You're probably right - it looks like the SAVES directory is missing. It should be in the main directory. Try creating it there and see if it helps.

You could compare your installation with the provided list of files (and directories) Example\List-Full.txt whether you're missing some other files.

Back