Albion

Hmm I didn't manage to run it on my F200, does it needs to be at the root of the sd card? I get a message on stderr:

Please run ALBION from the ALBION directory.

I tried renaming the directory to albion, but no luck...

BTW, my CD dir is in CD\ALBION, I put this on the cd directory path, is there any problem with this?

Hitnrun said:
Hmm I didn't manage to run it on my F200, does it needs to be at the root of the sd card? I get a message on stderr:

It doesn't need to be at the root of the sd card.
The error means that you're not in the directory (ALBION by default) where the executables (smk_play.exe, SR-Main.exe, Albion.gpe, Albion-orig_case.gpe) are located when you're running the executable.
Are you using the standard frontend (gp2xmenu) or some alternative ?

Hitnrun said:
BTW, my CD dir is in CD\ALBION, I put this on the cd directory path, is there any problem with this?
It shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried out this new version last night and sound works great, thanks again M-HT!

So, I am curious what your technical background is, you must be a skilled coder and have quite a bit of experience with low-level stuff. How old are ya anyways?? And what were the major difficulties in adding sound that you encountered?

Hitnrun said:

I would not use common unix commands for directory names even in the wrong case.

Senor Quack said:
So, I am curious what your technical background is, you must be a skilled coder and have quite a bit of experience with low-level stuff.
The most pertinent would be lot of assembler programming for DOS and a bit for Windows.

Senor Quack said:
How old are ya anyways??

Senor Quack said:
And what were the major difficulties in adding sound that you encountered?
I never really worked with sound before, so that would probably be it.

Is there any way to lower the volume when viewing the intro on an f-200? Probably something to do with the config file. I have tried adjusting the volume in the Main Menu of the game, but that does not seem to change the volume during the intro. Could some one post the optimal button configuration for the config file, one that enables volume + or -.

This looks like it will be a fun game! Thanks!

-Rob

kerplunk said:
Is there any way to lower the volume when viewing the intro on an f-200?
No, at the moment. Will be done in some future release.

kerplunk said:
I have tried adjusting the volume in the Main Menu of the game, but that does not seem to change the volume during the intro.
The intro (and credits) is separate from the main program so they don't share the settings.

kerplunk said:
Could some one post the optimal button configuration for the config file, one that enables volume + or -.
The volume+ and - buttons can be set to do something, but not to control the volume.

Thanks M-HT for the quick answer. I will have to view it with Head Phones for now :lol: .

kerplunk said:
Is there any way to lower the volume when viewing the intro on an f-200? Probably something to do with the config file. I have tried adjusting the volume in the Main Menu of the game, but that does not seem to change the volume during the intro. Could some one post the optimal button configuration for the config file, one that enables volume + or -.

This looks like it will be a fun game! Thanks!

-Rob

Try running it through GMenu2x. If the volume isn't explicitly set in Albion, then you can adjust it in the menu before loading the game :)

Awesome work, as always M-HT :)

Alright, silly question...

How do I adjust the volume in Gmenu before launching Albion?

I assume you press select, edit Albion, then adjust volume in the edit link menu. If I set the volume to -1, there seems to be no change to the intro volume in ALBION. It is still loud. Thanks!

Well, me, I hold A, then press the volume down. The volume at the bottom should go to 0. Then run the app.

As I say, though, it won't work if Albion explicitly sets the volume.

Is there still no Youtube video of this? Everyone needs to know about this GP2X game. So please, could someone put it up? :)

Back