Release Aklabeth (ultima 0) Remake

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=aklabeth.pickle

Aklabeth

========

Aklabeth is effectively Ultima 0. It was written for the Apple II in Basic.

This game is a port, written in a mixture of C and C++. I wrote this a year or two back, can't remember why, in C. I glued it to my SDL wrapper library and released it.

It's a RPG - sort of. You wander the top world, visit 3D (sort of) dungeons, beat up monsters and perform tasks for the legendary Lord British (AKA Richard Garriott).

It requires the SDL Library.

Keys

N S E W (and arrow keys) move player both in upper world, and in the dungeons.

A attack

I inventory

Q quit

X enter town/shop/dungeon/climb up and down.

Have fun,

Paul Robson

PANDORA Controls

DPAD direction

PAGEUP attack

HOME enter

END inv

This port is down scaling using the SDL hw scaler. So proablly wont work on older firmwares that do not include it.

Some notes on play:

Food is vital: eat or die

Find lord britishs castle (white box with an x) for stats boost.

When walking overland, keep hitting the A button to find an invisible dungeon entrance

In dungeons

In dungeons walk through walls to find secret doors

The game Akalbeth preceeded in-game mapping, so you will need to map your way through the (small) dungeons.

Beware of thieves: they can steal your weapon too!

Believe it or not, this game was actually considered "pretty cool" when released and had advertisements in magazines like Creative Computing

Believe it or not, this game was actually considered "pretty cool" when released and had advertisements in magazines like Creative Computing

That's normal, there was nothing like it at that time, and it was not even running on tape, but on actual paper roll with holes! (punched paper).

It's pre-ultima1, so it's super ancient.

Back