Aint I A Crafty Git Xd

Wez

Still Fresh
Website
www.randomnessbla.co.uk
Hi this is my first post here & recently remembered the GP32 from a year ago... but now i'm in a Video Games development course in college and saw the new GP2x and thought "wheh-hey, thats on my crimbo list"
but unfortunatley its not... tho my girlfriend is buying me a PSP for xmas she asked for a MP4 player and 'whoopydy-doo' GP2x plays movies & mp3's etc. etc. while the sodding PSP needs to be MP4 conberted :( but ahwell... I only want a PSP for its range of commercial games, but thats a different story...

basically my plan is;
I've told my girlfriend about the GP2x & that i'm buying it her for xmas :rolleyes: (muahaha) which would mean infact "hey I bought you this with me in mind" :lol: so *dances* i will SOON have my hands on a GP2x MUAHAHAHA
just so i can develop stuff & games to help me with my course *coughofcoursecough*

heheh, how would you guys rate the GP2x?
I'm already hyped but... make me wet my pants with excitement for this crimbo :D

heheh

doc5avage posted on Oct 10 2006 at 08:12 AM said:
i give it a 5
Out of what? I give it a 10 out of 10, because it did everything I expected it to do and more.

- the build quality is decent
- the battery life is great (with 2500mAh rechargeables, two pairs last me about one week)
- the screen is magnificent (great viewing angle, vivid colours)
- the joystick you can get used to in most games
- the community software is an avalanche of goodies :)
- it lets you easily develop in C, the language of the Gods

- Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Wezwee posted on Oct 10 2006 at 11:51 AM said:
Hi this is my first post here & recently remembered the GP32 from a year ago... but now i'm in a Video Games development course in college and saw the new GP2x and thought "wheh-hey, thats on my crimbo list"
but unfortunatley its not... tho my girlfriend is buying me a PSP for xmas she asked for a MP4 player and 'whoopydy-doo' GP2x plays movies & mp3's etc. etc. while the sodding PSP needs to be MP4 conberted :( but ahwell... I only want a PSP for its range of commercial games, but thats a different story...

basically my plan is;
I've told my girlfriend about the GP2x & that i'm buying it her for xmas :rolleyes: (muahaha) which would mean infact "hey I bought you this with me in mind" :lol: so *dances* i will SOON have my hands on a GP2x MUAHAHAHA
just so i can develop stuff & games to help me with my course *coughofcoursecough*

I'm already hyped but... make me wet my pants with excitement for this crimbo :D

heheh

I'm giving you a ZERO for buying a present for your girlfriend that is really for you...

xD heh,
nawh, it'll be 100% hers cuz she will mostly be using it & wants something to play music & videos when she's at college, I'm generally spending 6-7 hours a day in college working with computers day in day out, I dont generally have enough time to play games & stuff. Tho the GP2x has caught my attention & i'd like to create a few things for it to begin my career. I mean taking a GP2x to an interview with a piece of my own work as a demo would be a heck of alot easier (and cooler) than taking in my PC.

& as in 'rating it out of' i mean rating it as a whole, theres a good expansive community here & I know nothing but the tech specs of the GP2x so maybe you guys could give me a little review in your own opinion? :) cheers & thanks ~ Wez

Alex. posted on Oct 10 2006 at 01:51 PM said:
i give it a 5

- the battery life is great (with 2500mAh rechargeables, two pairs last me about one week)

- Alex

How long do you play with it then, a minute a day? :S

PokeParadox posted on Oct 10 2006 at 03:54 PM said:

basically my plan is;

heheh

I'm giving you a ZERO for buying a present for your girlfriend that is really for you...
exactly, im not sure wether she will be so happy with that...

DTH posted on Oct 10 2006 at 10:53 AM said:
Alex. posted on Oct 10 2006 at 01:51 PM said:
i give it a 5

- Alex

How long do you play with it then, a minute a day? :S
Most of the time I spend coding for it I guess, but I do enjoy some homebrew and Lotus on a regular basis :) Of course, making full use of it only allows me to use it for three-four days with two pairs of AAs.

- Alex

basically my plan is;

heheh
If I was your girl, I would probably kick you in the nutty area for buying something that I would not want but you would eventually have. I really hope she realises what you are buying her, and never lets you near it.....

Get her something she really wants hon, or are you really so self righteous?

Heh, reminds me of when Homer Simpson bought Marge (who hates bowling) a bowling ball with "H. S." engraved on it...

It's a nasty trick, you are a bad boy, but who would let a bunch of strangers from an internet forum change their mind? ;)

Well my gf plays a heck of alot more games than me... and she's kinda over the moon that it has emulators & can play snes games etc. lmao so yeah I guess she does want it :p I've shown her the site and told her what it can do... oh & she agreed to what you said WarmFluffyUK :p ahwell but like I said, I dont really have much time to play about these days, would be nice to have a little mess about now & again. (which means she will beat me up if i dont do as she says :D ) But yeh, she'll be happy with music & video... and the odd mario game or two :rolleyes:

Okay I give in, I realy want a GP2x, and now couldnt be in anyway concerned for the PSP (even tho i've always wanted one ever since it had been announced!) and i've even spent nights awake just looking at the PSP & some reviews... but now I am totally hooked on the idea of getting a GP2x, thing is, I now got to tell my girlfriend I want a GP2x for crimbo not a PSP... and then there'd be no actual point in me buying her one either 0.o we might aswell buy it for ourselves XD
Gosh theres gotta be some way around this :p me & an old friend who I used to code PHP sites with have agreed to team up & develop stuff for the GP2x so uhm, look our for us in the future ;D
Wez

Alex. posted on Oct 10 2006 at 11:51 PM said:
i give it a 5
Out of what? I give it a 10 out of 10, because it did everything I expected it to do and more.

twas a joke, an attempt at humour.

Back