Agua2x Theme Preview

Xenos85

Still Fresh
I wanted to give everyone a preview of a theme I am working on for the GP2X. It's called Agua2X. I am trying my best to replace every graphic from the original to make it look as Aqua-y as possible, here are a few pictures:

mainfy3.gif
finderox7.gif

gtunessz2.gif
systembm8.gif

prefsbj8.gif

Please let me know what you think!

Xenos

Another Apple nut ;)

Looks nice though. You may want to make it for Gmenu2X. I think not to many use the crap default interface anymore.

I like it but with all those shiny effects a Vista alternative (possible named aero 2x lol) would proove equally good.

DaveC posted on Oct 30 2006 at 05:38 AM said:
Another Apple nut ;)

Looks nice though. You may want to make it for Gmenu2X. I think not to many use the crap default interface anymore.
I do :p

Last edited by a moderator:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Oct 30 2006 at 07:21 AM said:
Another Apple nut ;)

I bet a lot more people use the default than gmenu2x.

subcon959 posted on Oct 30 2006 at 07:13 AM said:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Oct 30 2006 at 07:21 AM said:
Another Apple nut ;)

I bet a lot more people use the default than gmenu2x.
Damn straight, I use the stock menu too, and I love it. Quit forcing your opinion on everybody else.

- Alex

Nickmon posted on Oct 30 2006 at 09:18 AM said:
Looks nice, but remove the apple references, use the style etc but no MAC logos or icons...

thats my point entirely. :)

Nickmon posted on Oct 30 2006 at 11:18 AM said:
Looks nice, but remove the apple references, use the style etc but no MAC logos or icons...

And especially drop the mac-ish names. The explorer thing is not called "Finder" (which I suspect is a name trademarked by Apple, hence illegal for you to use anyway) and I don't know what the name of the media player is, but it's certainly not "gTunes".

Or would you like it if you were the author of all that cool Apple software, and someone took a look at your iTunes, and called it "MacAmp"?

Exactly... So don't insult the authors of the software used on gp2x by calling the explorer thingie "Finder" and the mp3 player "gTunes".

Other than that: "*yawn*, yet another aqua theme for a non-mac device, by some mac nut that wants to paint everything he sees aqua"... Oh, and why the minimize/maximize/close buttons and title bar? We don't have a windowing system, so they're useless waste of what little screen real-estate we have.

In short: you're a mac nut? Ok, that's your cross to bear. However, a user interface guru you are most certainly not...

I am a huge mac fan, and I don't really like how people are still making UI's for stuff in Aqua, as Apple is slowly shifting towards a more Gray/Charcoal color (See iLife 06, iTunes, Aperture, and the other Pro apps)

Nighty posted on Oct 31 2006 at 01:37 AM said:
Nickmon posted on Oct 30 2006 at 11:18 AM said:

And especially drop the mac-ish names. The explorer thing is not called "Finder" (which I suspect is a name trademarked by Apple, hence illegal for you to use anyway) and I don't know what the name of the media player is, but it's certainly not "gTunes".

Or would you like it if you were the author of all that cool Apple software, and someone took a look at your iTunes, and called it "MacAmp"?

Exactly... So don't insult the authors of the software used on gp2x by calling the explorer thingie "Finder" and the mp3 player "gTunes".

Other than that: "*yawn*, yet another aqua theme for a non-mac device, by some mac nut that wants to paint everything he sees aqua"... Oh, and why the minimize/maximize/close buttons and title bar? We don't have a windowing system, so they're useless waste of what little screen real-estate we have.

In short: you're a mac nut? Ok, that's your cross to bear. However, a user interface guru you are most certainly not...

Wow... a little bitter don't you think? I understand where you come from, but this is called a SKIN not a gui. I didn't decide where icons appear on the screen or such so I cannot "waste" screen real estate, that has already been done by the developers. I understand that you could think that such a thing is illegal, but as you may have noticed I am not selling it, if they want to give me a cease and desist order I will gladly remove the skin. This is a skin MADE for Mac nuts, that's the point, if you don't like it, I apologize, but tone down the bitterness a bit. The whole point of this skin was experimentation anyways, but I thought it turned out well enough to share what I had done.

I was not trying to show how AWESOME I am as a designer. In fact this shows next to no skill on my part, but it was an entertaining way to figure out the limits of the skinning system for the GP2X. I apologize again if I have offended you, I did not realize that posting a few pictures of a skin could be so offensive.

Xenos

Xenos85 posted on Oct 31 2006 at 04:11 AM said:
This is a skin MADE for Mac nuts, that's the point, if you don't like it, I apologize, but tone down the bitterness a bit. The whole point of this skin was experimentation anyways, but I thought it turned out well enough to share what I had done.

I was not trying to show how AWESOME I am as a designer. In fact this shows next to no skill on my part, but it was an entertaining way to figure out the limits of the skinning system for the GP2X. I apologize again if I have offended you, I did not realize that posting a few pictures of a skin could be so offensive.

Xenos

It does look nice. I think some are a bit harsh but...

I just find it funny how mac nuts try to spread mac stuff everywhere. They have little apples on their car bumpers, mac stickers on school binders, Apple mac logos plastered on every screen saver or skin that is not on a mac (GP2X, PSP etc). I wouldn't be suprised if some mac nut somewhere had an Apple logo tatooed on their scrotum :lol:

Me I have used both types of computers. Meh, I don't care either way anymore really. The last computer I was mental over was the Amiga. After that computers just became emotionless tools to me.

I am not saying it is bad, and I don't find it offensive, just kind of funny :p

I didnt mean any offence to it either.your skin is pretty good but as you can tell by the messages you got making it specifically "mac" makes it biased and some people would descide not to download it on those grounds (I for 1) If you ever descided to do other platforms like "vista" or "project looking glass" (does that still exist I cant remember).

Dont think were insulting your obvious talents to make a descent skin. Its just most of us are set in our ways :D

I think this skin looks great even though I'm no mac fan. I'd certainly use this any day over a vista skin. *pukes on vista* :lol:
Keep up the good work!

Back