Afp Tv-fun Model 401a (1977 Pong Clone)

chad78

Website
Visit site
The APF TV Fun was an early Pong clone manufactured by APF Electronics Inc. and built in Japan in 1977. It featured four built in games, a built in speaker, and two controller knobs, Toggle Switches (choices were "Professional" and "Amatuer") for the following settings - Angle / Bat Size / Ball Speed. There were 2 buttons - Power and Start Game, and a dial to select between the four built-in games. It could be powered by either a (Not-included) AC adapter or by using six C size batteries.

The TV Fun package was the first excursion of APF into the video game market, APF was formerly a calculator and other small electronics developer. The Model 401A was their second model (following the Model 401, which was, I believe, only available in the UK). The TV Fun includes four titles, but has no way of adding more through a cartridge system. Those four titles are Tennis, Hockey, Single Handball, and Squash - all of which were variations on the typical pong formula.

The system itself is 16" x 7.5" x 3" and has a faux-woodgrain finish.

daclassicgamingmaster said:
Very nice. How much are you asking for it?
I'm not much of a collector, so I don't know how much to ask for it.

Some things to consider.
  1. I'm located in the US - I'll ship anywhere, but I pass the costs on to the buyer.
  2. It's not small, so shipping will not be super cheap, but I will shop around and I can ship it as cheap/slow as you want.
  3. It's untested. I don't have the AC adapter (but it does run off of 6 C batteries), and the connector is some really old RF Connector.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back