Advice For Using Gnuboy2x

T

TelcoLou

So I was playing Legend of Zelda OOS, and got a call and had to work with a customer. After the call, I booted up the ol' 2X and proceeded to load my save state ... but I pressed "A" instead of "B", thus wiping my 2 hours or so of gameplay :lol:

LOVE this emu, but I wish the save state system was a little more "Addled-Old-Man" friendly ;)

yes i leanr the hard way aswell, lost a whole hour of game play.
Since i save the game twice, i noticed though that if you do load up the second save and u havnt changed anything in the game the music wont load. so u have to save again and then reload the file you just saved to get music.

Yep, had the same problem too.

I think after you press a button it should say "are you sure you want to ____" and you just hit the same button again to do the action you wanted. So for those who are confident and don't want to be bothered by the dialoge all they have to do is hit the button twice.
I think it would also be nice if it showed what both the buttons did in bigger letters, that did not scroll. Something static.

As long as we are on the gnuboy2x topic here are the rest of the improvements I would enjoy.
-Get rid of the GP2X compo screen, thats not needed anymore
-Make the option to under/overclock within the menu
-Add somesort of filter to help reduce all the crazy pixalation.
-Make the emulator optimized enough that you can play it at 166 or 133mhz just fine (if it is already not)
-If it is that fast make it optimized to run at 100mhz ;p

Yeah an option to underclock the CPU would be handy, it would certainly help extend the battery charge :). I've noticed that the save states don't work for any of the bigger games, Dragon Warrior 3 particularly. A message asking if you want to confirm your action would be very useful, I surprised to find this convention in software lacking in most of the GP2x programs I tried out, too many times have I accidently quit or deleted something and I'm just too lazy to be that careful ;)

Back