Advertising The Pandora


Sorry, I see :) Yes, it's legitimate. Craig's shop can be found here: http://www.gbax.com/
 
mali said:
Sorry, I see :) Yes, it's legitimate. Craig's shop can be found here: http://www.gbax.com/

yes, that's it! much thanks, just updated the link on my past post.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
aesir911 said:
mali said:
aesir911 said:
which one is craigs? i know he talked about it in a few videos of his.
The shop you ordered from?

i didnt order the pandora from a shop, i just emailed them (openpandorasales@gmail.com) and they sent me a google payment form (Open Pandora Ltd). this is legitimate, right?

Yes, you have indeed ordered a pandora from craigx's shop.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sphinxter said:
aesir911 said:
mali said:
aesir911 said:
which one is craigs? i know he talked about it in a few videos of his.
The shop you ordered from?

i didnt order the pandora from a shop, i just emailed them (openpandorasales@gmail.com) and they sent me a google payment form (Open Pandora Ltd). this is legitimate, right?

Yes, you have indeed ordered a pandora from craigx's shop.

and my sudden lapse of anxiety and fear of being scammed melts away... thanks sphinxter and mali!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
As said, I think the Pandora will sell itself.
Let's hope it doesn't come to that. Those streets are dangerous, and Pandora will be just another pretty face in a mean city night...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
We spent well over $50,000 advertising the GP2X and I don't think it really worked.

Depending on the manufacturing cost of a single Pandora, that's a lot of units you could send out to reviewers.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Awakening said:
craigix said:
We spent well over $50,000 advertising the GP2X and I don't think it really worked.

Depending on the manufacturing cost of a single Pandora, that's a lot of units you could send out to reviewers.

i'm pretty sure he realizes that now, but...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Awakening said:
aesir911 said:
i'm pretty sure he realizes that now, but...
Just pointing it out to everybody, not just Craig :)

craig has enough people at his throat. maybe we should step off a might?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
aesir911 said:
Awakening said:
aesir911 said:
i'm pretty sure he realizes that now, but...
Just pointing it out to everybody, not just Craig :)

craig has enough people at his throat. maybe we should step off a might?


Yes indeed, I think we should give the guy a break.

BTW, nice Sonic Tux Penguin aesir911
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wheels said:
craigix said:
As said, I think the Pandora will sell itself.
Let's hope it doesn't come to that. Those streets are dangerous, and Pandora will be just another pretty face in a mean city night...

(waiting for the first Pimpdora render...)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Awakening said:
craigix said:
We spent well over $50,000 advertising the GP2X and I don't think it really worked.

Depending on the manufacturing cost of a single Pandora, that's a lot of units you could send out to reviewers.

It's true and I think that since the GP2X launch things have flipped around bit time with websites now being the main place to get reviews and publicity. Back when the GP2X launched there was still a lot of business to get from magazine advertising, especially magazines like Retrogamer.

Another thing was GPH made many promises about commercial games and how the GP2X would work as well with media as the best PMP, so we figured that would be a huge market. We agreed advertising budgets with a big agency.

The first GP2X consoles arrived.

You know the rest.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
You know the rest.
Actually I don't. I bought a PS2 and Guitar Hero and played little else until the disappointment of GH3. But judging from the sales numbers that investment didn't really pay off.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Chip said:
Jourdy288 said:
I think an article in a major tech magazine would be a real boost.
There are no "major" tech magazines. Print is dead, especially in the tech sector. More potential Pandora customers read Engadget than any five paper magazines you care to name. Sending review units to well-read tech blogs and review sites will do far, far more to sell Pandoras than paid advertising ever could. No point in throwing money away on ads when good reviews will sell it for free.

Retrogamer.

I don't think you'd need to advertise it that much either - I think they will be more than happy to review it when it comes out. A handheld Amiga, Spectrum, SNES, Megadrive etc would pretty much sell itself to the crowd of people who read it, especially for the older computer systems (like the Amiga), which I think the Pandora is incredibly well suited for.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
It's true and I think that since the GP2X launch things have flipped around bit time with websites now being the main place to get reviews and publicity. Back when the GP2X launched there was still a lot of business to get from magazine advertising, especially magazines like Retrogamer.
A suggestion for further exposure: Sell some through ThinkGeek, just like the Wiz. ThinkGeek sends out a printed catalog / ad to its customers / people who've signed up. Those who don't necessarily follow the "right" news sources, but are general "geeks," are often exposed to available products through them... They're a pretty large vendor for that segment in the US... and a large exposure engine in that. I've personally bought several cool / weird products directly because they were carried by ThinkGeek and featured in their advertising, products I never would have heard of otherwise.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
How about Stuff magazine. They did a feature on the GP2x a while back, which I believe was in the UK and the AU copies. Could be really good publicity, they're still very big.
 
I think a product can greatly suffer in the initial launch period if there's not a lot to show for it. Don't think people should worry about the device being popular until the first enthusiasts get some show-worthy software and things going, at least enough to make joe regular feel satisfied enough that he doesn't go off knocking the device with negative testimonials.
 
Agreed. There's no point advertising at least until the second batch is about to be kicked out the door, since the first is spoken for.
 
Back
Top