Add Softrest To The Mame Emu

Steve-O

adding a Softrest button config to the Mame Emu would be an excellent idea :).. I dont feel safe using the power button to turn restart my GP32 to use one of the other Mame parts

Yeah he added that in version 1.1, pressing start and select does a soft reset i believe

I think you're talking about two different things - you've still got to power off to quit each MAME fxe. The soft reset just resets the current game, which is needed to start the Williams games...

Just out of interest, why wouldn't you feel safe about switching the power off to your GP32? You have to do it for just about every other application on it, not to mention switching it off when you've finished playing with it...

Just don't do it while you're flashing your BIOS, or saving games...

Gruntfuggly posted on Mar 24 2005 at 11:53 AM said:
I think you're talking about two different things - you've still got to power off to quit each MAME fxe. The soft reset just resets the current game, which is needed to start the Williams games...

Just out of interest, why wouldn't you feel safe about switching the power off to your GP32? You have to do it for just about every other application on it, not to mention switching it off when you've finished playing with it...

Just don't do it while you're flashing your BIOS, or saving games...

no.... :blink: the new version restarts the whole GP32 if you press the shoulder buttons from the game menu!

not just individual games!

so you dont need to turn your gp off to switch between .fxe files in mame!!

start and select soft reset is an option added just for the williams games

sPaCe :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back