GP2X Button Combo To Reset The Gp2x

torulf

Still Fresh
Is ther a way to make a global button combo to get back to the main menu or to any other state?
It feels wrong to shut it down and restart it just to change game.
And if some application/game crashes it would be great just to kill that process via a button combo rather than doing a restart.

Any idéas?

On my modded xbox it´s L+R+start+select.
Something like L+R+start+select+joystickclick on the GP2X maybe?

How about start + select + one of the shoulder buttons?
I don't think it would need any more than that & none of the games or programs should ever need to use all three of those buttons at once anyway.
Definetly a good idea though however it's done.
As the units runnin Linux this should be easy enough to do too. Shouldn't even need the programs to be aware of it, just the operating system.

I'm still quite new to the whole Linux operating system still but i'm pretty sure that there are 2 ways to close programs.. Close & Kill.

Close sends the normal exit command to the programs the same as if u were to click the X on the top of the window or if u go to the close command in the menu.

Kill is there in case a program stops responding & u can't shut it down the normal way.

What about start + select + left shoulder button for the close command, start + select + right shoulder button for the kill command?
The right shoulder button for the kill command as it's harder to press them 3 buttons at the same time & thats the one that u don't rearly want people to use if it can be helped.

I think the keys for the close command on the Linux desktop is Ctrl/Alt + C & Ctrl/Alt + F5 for the kill command (Are these right?) not too sure if they work for the command line programs though.

torulf posted on Dec 23 2005 at 02:20 PM said:
Is ther a way to make a global button combo to get back to the main menu or to any other state?
It feels wrong to shut it down and restart it just to change game.
And if some application/game crashes it would be great just to kill that process via a button combo rather than doing a restart.

Any idéas?

On my modded xbox it´s L+R+start+select.
Something like L+R+start+select+joystickclick on the GP2X maybe?

I understand the Kill idea, but as for changing games normally, basically every program HAS an exit command. You shouldn't need to turn off your GP2X to switch games unless your game DID crash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back