Acouple Of Emulation Questions (mame & Picodrive)

sold

songs in the key of AAAAAARRRGH!
Has anyone has gotten Smash TV and Apb working in the latest version of mame? Both the games load for me, but apb is all messed up and Smash TV seems to be the wrong color and it hangs.

Also can anyone tell me why Pirates Gold doesnt work properly in Picodrive? The background cuts off the characters head in town. Just curious because everything else I've played through Picodrive works well, so i was just wondering what was different about this particular game.

sold said:
Also can anyone tell me why Pirates Gold doesnt work properly in Picodrive? The background cuts off the characters head in town.
Picodrive has three render modes: fast 8 bits, real 8 bits and 16 bits. In the standard configuration you can change the render mode pressing Y. The effect depends on the game, many times there is no difference at all except in scenes with water, but in the case of "Pirates gold" set the wrong render mode and you'll cut the character's head off :)

Last edited by a moderator:
sold said:
Has anyone has gotten Smash TV and Apb working in the latest version of mame? Both the games load for me, but apb is all messed up and Smash TV seems to be the wrong color and it hangs.
Smash TV does not work with MAME 0.34 but was fixed in a later version.

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I'll have to make do without.

sold said:
Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I'll have to make do without.
There's no need to go without! Just upgrade your MAME and press Y a couple of times in Picodrive and 3/4 of your problems will be fixed :)

D.

Back