Ac Adapter Voltage...

denwebbx85

Still Fresh
I don't believe this question has been asked. Does anyone know what voltage ac adapter will be required for pluging the Gp2x into the wall.

slygamer posted on Sep 30 2005 at 12:36 PM said:
Nothing is known about the requirements for an external power supply yet, as stated in the FAQ.

I'd hazard a guess at 5V, but wait and see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since it runs on 2 AA batteries I would say it is more likely it would be 3V than 5V, and on specs somewhere I am pretty sure I read 3.3V

Hmm, wouldn't the wall adapter be included? It's not listed anywhere, but I would think it would come with one. Although when the handhelds don't have rechargeable batteries in them I guess they don't supply a AC adapter, i.e. Nintendo and Saga.

Thanx,
Stan

second exodous posted on Sep 30 2005 at 05:39 PM said:
Hmm, wouldn't the wall adapter be included? It's not listed anywhere, but I would think it would come with one. Although when the handhelds don't have rechargeable batteries in them I guess they don't supply a AC adapter, i.e. Nintendo and Saga.

Thanx,
Stan

hmm, from what I understood from the korean chat room conversation, is that the host is connected by default as it is the same connector as the slave.

So it is charged to 3v, even it it is never used. But it is easy to misunderstand each other i guess.

So it'd basically use whatever adapter you get for the gp32... unfortunatly I never found an adapter I could feel comfortable using on it with some people reporting they burned theirs out by not getting one with just the right settings.

Squidge posted on Sep 30 2005 at 08:52 AM said:
GP2X is 3V Center negative. Exactly the same as the GP32.

Power for USB host is not connected.

Does the AC adapter need to be stabilized ?

Back