Rechargeables Or Ac Adapter?

jaesond

Still Fresh
I've got enough cash for 4AAs and a battery charger, or an AC adapter at Radio Shack. The problem here is that I want to update the firmware when I get my GP2X, and most people recommend an AC adapter for updating the firmware. However, if I get an AC adapter, I'm going to be buying a lot of batteries, since from what I've heard the GP2X drains them like nothing.

However, if I get rechargeable batteries, what should I do about the firmware then? I plan on updating to the latest firmware, however I don't want it to die on me during flashing or have something go completely wrong. Any of you guys have any experience or advice that will help me out here?

Ive upgraded the firmware and used batteries on 'empty' they died once. Who cares charge them up then fix the flash. As long as your not flashing the bootloader batteries are fine.

You should get the 4AAs. Try getting at least 2000 mah. You can upgrade, downgrade, and do whatever you want with firmware with batteries. I've updated my firmware like 10 times and only got bricked when I tried flashing theoddbots stupid firmware.

since F/W just been released id say go get some recharage batteries 2000 or better.

by the time the beta of the next F/W will be released you should have enough money for an adapter then. :D

Just make sure you get good rechargable batteries, you're wasting your money if you get the cheapest ones and the store, get high quality rechargable batteries, or save your money.

Back