Ac Adapter From Ebay

jklaas

Still Fresh
I was looking for GP2X power adapter. There's an eBay shop selling them, but the guy has a pretty low buy/sell record for someone with an eBay shop. Has anyone heard of him or bought anything from him?

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Big-Emu

Thanks.

James

if your american id say get it from lik-sang as its the same (probably be cheaper too and it will be under warrenty.
as i live in the UK i had to get a universal converter (also from lik sang) and they both work witht he uk machine.

so in brief liksang.com.

His feedback seems to be perfect, and it's quite possible that he recently started a business or got the idea to make an ebay store. I dont think his that fact that his feedback is low for a store should stop you from buying from him if you decide to do so.

what it would really boil down to for me, is the price of lik sang's shipping. Have a look, im too lazy :p

Mr Doctor posted on Feb 20 2006 at 03:06 AM said:
Just buy a standard adapter, they all work fine! :p

Yes, well, that's just the thing. Any adapters that will push an amp at 3V is just as expensive as the factory one. I found a really cheap one for about $7 (plus shipping). It pushes 2 amps though and I don't really know how that will affect the gp2x. I don't want to burn anything out and if the gp2x wants to pull more than 1 amp, what will happen to it's power circuits?

Last edited by a moderator:
jklaas posted on Feb 20 2006 at 08:58 AM said:

Yes, well, that's just the thing. Any adapters that will push an amp at 3V is just as expensive as the factory one. I found a really cheap one for about $7 (plus shipping). It pushes 2 amps though and I don't really know how that will affect the gp2x. I don't want to burn anything out and if the gp2x wants to pull more than 1 amp, what will happen to it's power circuits?
I've got a 2 amp, doesn't appear to hurt anything. My understanding is that the GP2x regulates it and won't pull nore than it needs... I could be wrong though.

ingrin posted on Feb 20 2006 at 10:50 AM said:
jklaas posted on Feb 20 2006 at 08:58 AM said:

I've got a 2 amp, doesn't appear to hurt anything. My understanding is that the GP2x regulates it and won't pull nore than it needs... I could be wrong though.
I have 2 amps also, and it works fine. You can't have to many amps because the system will just draw as many as it needs, so the more the merrier.

If I were looking for the official adaptor I wouldn't be afraid of buying from this guy, but I much prefer the universal adapter I got at radio shack for a few bucks more and I can use it with a variety of things. Yeah I know I paid to much, but I had a bunch of gift cards to this mall that I won and that was the only good store in there.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Feb 20 2006 at 11:18 AM said:
wow radio shack was the only good store in the mall? what mall??

a ghetto mall. I had no need for cloths, and I still have like $80 left to spend, but lets stay on topic. :rolleyes:

Hey if anyone has a Frys Electronics store nearby. They have an "X1 Universal AC/DC Adaptor 1200mA" it has regulated output. Did I mention its only $9.99?

Back