A320 Dingux - network over USB?

slaanesh

Certified Guru
Website
www.slaanesh.net
Just wondering if it is going to be possible to do network over USB like the GP2X?
I find this extremely useful being able to telnet, ftp, samba all over the same connection.

Terminal access over serial-USB is probably okay for telnet but not really zippy enought for anything else?

No, but you can use lrzsz to send/receive files. I can upload the binaries if you want them.

I just get the feeling that this is going to be a bit of a stumbling block.
Lingux really needs the kernel and the root file system to be on the inbuilt NAND.
User's won't have to worry about preparing a special SD card. This task, simple enough for experience UNIX users will just be too hard for more novice users.
In it's current state, adding new software to the machine is going to be difficult.

Having said all that it's still excellent. I'm looking forward to seeing MAME4ALL running.

Thanks for the utilities.

My previous post about "being a stumbling block", well maybe not be that bad - the obvious answer is just to use the vfat partition for homebrew software. That's easily accessible from the native side of the Dingoo.

Still, it would be nice if the root filesystem was on the nand - but it isn't REALLY essential, is it? Maybe this will become available later on.

When I am transferring files to/from my Windows XP machine, my transfers sometimes get stuck and hang. It's not always but seems to be mostly the case.
After this I cannot get control of my terminal again.

I am using the gserial.inf/usbser.sys as the driver for Windows. Setting the COM port speeds makes no difference (not should it I guess).
I am using Tera Term Pro 3.1.3.

Any ideas as to how to make this more reliable?

Back