A Thing Of Beauty, My Pandora Of Course!

puppydee

Linux Virgin!
Website
Visit site
My pandora has arrived and it's a thing of beauty. I thought it would be bigger but it's a tiny little thing and it's awesome, I've not done anything on it yet bar test if it's working and just briefly checked out the 2 gui's. I'm gonna check out some games on it now, just popped it on charge to charge it up first. It comes with about a half charge so you can jump straight in.

The case is really good, I was wondering how it would turn out but it's cool.

The carry case with it is really nice aswell but it's a tight fit but I'm sure once it's been in and out a few times it'll loosen up a bit. I did order a tv-out cable b ut it didn't come with my pandora so I can only assume they're not ready yet, either that or they forgot. I did ring up but couldn't get an answer. The sd card was a Kingston 32gb class 4 so it should be ok. There's even a cool battery box to stick your extra battery in if you ordered to, I only got the one. As you can imagine I'm dying to have a play so I'm off. The pics where taken with my iphone so they aren't great quality.

All in all it's a FANTASTIC thing of beauty and I can't wait to see all the games and stuff fill up the apps store. I'd like to thank mweston. craig, ed and all the other guys behind this, it's been a wait but it's been worth it thanks guys :)

Sorry no video but if I get chance I'll do one. Someone is probably encoding one as we speak anyway :)

Anything to keep someguy happy, paragraphs :)

puppydee said:
My pandora has arrived and it's a thing of beauty. I thought it would be bigger but it's a tiny little thing and it's awesome, I've not done anything on it yet bar test if it's working and just briefly checked out the 2 gui's. I'm gonna check out some games on it now, just popped it on charge to charge it up first. It comes with about a half charge so you can jump straight in. The case is really good, I was wondering how it would turn out but it's cool, as mentioned on the forum in another post the screen does drop back pretty easily, it's a shame it couldn't of been more like the ds and lock sorta half way but it's no biggy and I prefer to use it back flat coz it's easier to use the touch screen. The carry case with it is really nice aswell but it's a tight fit but I'm sure once it's been in and out a few times it'll loosen up a bit. I did order a tv-out cable b ut it didn't come with my pandora so I can only assume they're not ready yet, either that or they forgot. I did ring up but couldn't get an answer. The sd card was a Kingston 32gb class 4 so it should be ok. There's even a cool battery box to stick your extra battery in if you ordered to, I only got the one. As you can imagine I'm dying to have a play so I'm off. The pics where taken with my iphone so they aren't great quality.
All in all it's a FANTASTIC thing of beauty and I can't wait to see all the games and stuff fill up the apps store. I'd like to thank mweston. craig, ed and all the other guys behind this, it's been a wait but it's been worth it thanks guys :)

Why are the pictures so gigantic? I would understand if the iPhone took high quality pictures, but that res makes no sense with that Picture quality. (Not faulting you)

You are so lucky, congrats!

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats puppydee. B)

Now this wait is torture. I'm in the first 350, I can only imagine how painful it must be to be in the back of the line. But I'm glad those of us who waited are getting a quality item.

Chris

puppydee said:
My pandora has arrived and it's a thing of beauty. I thought it would be bigger but it's a tiny little thing and it's awesome, I've not done anything on it yet bar test if it's working and just briefly checked out the 2 gui's. I'm gonna check out some games on it now, just popped it on charge to charge it up first. It comes with about a half charge so you can jump straight in.

The case is really good, I was wondering how it would turn out but it's cool. As mentioned on the forum in another post the screen does drop back pretty easily, it's a shame it couldn't of been more like the ds and lock sorta half way but it's no biggy and I prefer to use it back flat coz it's easier to use the touch screen.

The carry case with it is really nice aswell but it's a tight fit but I'm sure once it's been in and out a few times it'll loosen up a bit. I did order a tv-out cable b ut it didn't come with my pandora so I can only assume they're not ready yet, either that or they forgot. I did ring up but couldn't get an answer. The sd card was a Kingston 32gb class 4 so it should be ok. There's even a cool battery box to stick your extra battery in if you ordered to, I only got the one. As you can imagine I'm dying to have a play so I'm off. The pics where taken with my iphone so they aren't great quality.

Sorry no video but if I get chance I'll do one. Someone is probably encoding one as we speak anyway :)

FTFY. Sorry if I'm being offensive or anything. I'm a big fan of paragraphs; they turn me on baby!

Lol, you're probably right but hey I was in a rush, my pandora had just arrived and I wanted to play, although I haven't really got much further than play due to my dns issue which hopefully I'll sort now I've got some instructions. I haven't even played a single game on it yet :)

Why does the screen look shockingly bad? It doesn't look that awful in the videos!

zRichi said:
Why does the screen look shockingly bad? It doesn't look that awful in the videos!

your right! and his desk is really poorly coloured and grainy too, and why have the case company made a case which is clearly out of focus!

The screen sucks! Puppydee's desk sucks and the blurry case sucks!!!! oooooorrrraaaaaaggghhhh!!!

ack, I can't take it! It'll be months before I get a sniff

Congratulations , the waiting really is killing me. I was a day 1 orderer however i haven't actually checked my queue position. I've just silently watching my inbox with my fingers crossed.

zRichi said:

Same reason everything else in the picture looks bad. The iPhone takes shitty pictures.

-God Ginrai

zRichi said:
Screen looks fine to me. :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40865126@N06/4638209979/

Nothing wrong with the screen, the case, the hinge, I got a little muddled, the screen locks a flat. I thougt it was ment to lock like a laptop so I was wrong and I thought I'd just mention that, this is an amazing machine and you'll all be well pleased when you see it. I apologise for the crappy iphone picture quality but it's the only camera I have and I wasn't in the brightest of rooms and I was in a super rush so I could play with it for a while, well the whole night actually. Trust me, you're gonna love it!

I've just wacked the earphones in and the music is as clear as a whistle and has PLENTY of volume. As clear as my ipdod if you ask me. I'm impressed! Just need to get my wifi working now. Hoping to sort it tomorrow but I'm sure we'll figure it out. This machine is amazing honestly, just a shame I'm a noob when it comes to linux but I'll get there in the end :)

puppydee said:
Nothing wrong with the screen, the case, the hinge, I got a little muddled, the screen locks a flat. I thougt it was ment to lock like a laptop so I was wrong and I thought I'd just mention that, this is an amazing machine and you'll all be well pleased when you see it. I apologise for the crappy iphone picture quality but it's the only camera I have and I wasn't in the brightest of rooms and I was in a super rush so I could play with it for a while, well the whole night actually. Trust me, you're gonna love it!

I've just wacked the earphones in and the music is as clear as a whistle and has PLENTY of volume. As clear as my ipdod if you ask me. I'm impressed! Just need to get my wifi working now. Hoping to sort it tomorrow but I'm sure we'll figure it out. This machine is amazing honestly, just a shame I'm a noob when it comes to linux but I'll get there in the end :)

Where in the UK do you live? :D

puppydee said:

It's always bothered me that the OpenPandora team decided (?) to make the hinge lock when fully open instead of at an angle like the DS. It looks rather awkward to use when it is opened "flat" (maybe it's better for touch-screen use, but for regular gaming...); what are your thoughts on this?

SONY said:
Angle like the DS?

The DS hinge locks when fully open too, you know.
Hah, I know, I own one. But it seems to lock at a smaller angle than the Pandora (I know the DS hinge actually locks twice; I'm talking about the first angle it locks at). The Pandora seems to lock noticeably closer to 180 degrees than the DS; in addition, the Pandora's hinge seems to be designed to operate in this locked position as the lid is apparently rather loose and could close on its own when not in the locked position (I believe Craig or EvilDragon said this in one of their videos or posts).

Back