A Slight Problem...

chr15b

Still Fresh
It arrived today, looks cool... loads up and nothings on it.

I don't have a MEM card as yet, I'm guessin NAND is the built-in memory?

How do I connect it to my PC? I've ran the USB cable from the device to my PC and nothing happened, I went to USB it said USB connected but still nothing shows up on PC :S

Card reader came with it... I had one anyways.

But can I not copy data onto the on-board memory for the meantime?

The manual says connect via USB the execute them.

So I can't do anything with it without having a SD Card?

Brilliant.

I have a spare 64MB memory card and the card reader automatically write protects the card as its inserted... whats the point in that?!

he has a point though, GPH boast that it has 64mb internal memory and the guy cant even use it because theyve locked it down.

Right the SD card I had didn't work at all, I got another 256 card and loaded a MP3 and a large and a small JPG onto it.

Whenever I select the JPG (any) it just returns to the main menu, is there a restriction or something?

The MP3 loaded fine.

Image restriction is 1024x768 max., not that you should need any larger images anyway, as the GP2X autoscales them to a size that fits the screen regardless.

yea was gonna say ive looked at 1100x1600 images before without problem

It could be that the JPG files you have tried may be corrupt or damaged in some way. The GP2X appears to be a bit picky with some JPGs but not with others, and this is the only explanation I can come up with as to why.

No problem, I appreciate your replies and paitence with a newbie guys... I'm willing to be paitent with the device... so I expect a few problems to prop up.

I've got a 512 SD card on order, should be here in a couple of days I'll bung DrMDx on that... should keep me happy for a little while.

Whats the deal with overclocking? Do you just use better batteries or a setting need to be changed.... any way to find out what speed it running at?

No problem, I appreciate your replies and paitence with a newbie guys... I'm willing to be paitent with the device... so I expect a few problems to prop up.

I've got a 512 SD card on order, should be here in a couple of days I'll bung DrMDx on that... should keep me happy for a little while.

Whats the deal with overclocking? Do you just use better batteries or a setting need to be changed.... any way to find out what speed it running at?

Better batteries, from what I gather, are a good idea since you are pushing more juice through the processor. To check the CPU's speed, use the LCD/CPU tweaker.

Allan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back