Gp2x "blown Sky High?"

ljones

I've just recenly bought my GP2X (mentioned in another post). I connected the GP2X to my PC, switched on the PC and there was some random garbage on the GP2X's screen so I switched it off. After this I can't seem to get my PC to "see" the GP2X in USB under linux (I'm using slackware 10.2). Nothing at all is detected :( even after going into the settings/usb menus on the GP2X.

I checked both "lsusb" and "dmesg", and there's no sign of the GP2X being detected -- nothing happens.

I guess my GP2X is broken? Did connecting it to a PC blow it "sky high" to coin a phrase? I didn't see any mention in the manual about not doing this.

EDIT: It's ok, forget it -- it looks like the supplied cable might be faulty. I tried another cable I had about, and it seems to be detected as /dev/sda1.

ljones

Hate to ask, but have you tried using fully charged/new batteries? Do you have an adapter to try? Sound to me like you don't have enough power to operate the unit.

ljones posted on Aug 18 2006 at 08:07 AM said:
EDIT: It's ok, forget it -- it looks like the supplied cable might be faulty. I tried another cable I had about, and it seems to be detected as /dev/sda1.

Ha, yeah i for one had exactly the same problem. The GP2X seems to ship with
a (usually?/occasionally?) faulty USB cable. I just grabbed a digital camera
USB cable and everything worked fine.

Although i prefer to use a SD Card reader rather than connecting to the GP2X
directly, im not completely confident in the GP2X's USB PC connection.

-Twixn-

Last edited by a moderator:
Back