A lot of problems, please help!

Moved the non-productive posts to Franko's nonsense Thread..(Not Censorship, just keeping the thread on topic.)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Notyu1459

-Well you may not own Apple branded Headset, but it is wired for one.. If you buy what they call a Nokia style headset it will work properly, the Pandora was designed before iPhones took off big and was wired to what was the standard at the time.. the standard has now shifted in Apple's direction.

- About your LCD bezel that is snapped out of place, you can just push the tab back into place and maybe that may fix some of the problems you have. This seems to be a common problem that happens during shipping. I think a little more padding may be needed.

glade to see things are getting better for you. i saw you had put down your using pcsx r18 should grab r19 from the repo:) and just a heads up for playing a lot of the ports that you need data files they need to be lowercase. i really wish i didn't grow up with windows and just now getting to swim in this ocean that is linux 

9. When I touch the screen with a stylus, even when tapping it lightly, the top half of the case gives way under the pressure and bends backward on the hinge, making it a real pain in the ass to use! 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/HnSo9-rx9GM?feature=oembed
If you are concerned about the case getting cracks I would stop doing that. You already reached the maximum opening angle, doing this only stresses the hinge.This is also quite common, even with products from big companies - most modern notebooks / clamshell devices don't offer the full 180 degrees.

9. When I touch the screen with a stylus, even when tapping it lightly, the top half of the case gives way under the pressure and bends backward on the hinge, making it a real pain in the ass to use! 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/HnSo9-rx9GM?feature=oembed
You NEED to push the front part of the screen casing in on the right side of your pandora ( if you are holding it) The clips that are supposed to hold the screen/case portion together. 

EDIT: Ninja'd by TrashyMG

Also looks like the screenbezel is not snapped in correctly on the to right. try to get the clip back into the case.

@Notyu1459

-Well you may not own Apple branded Headset, but it is wired for one.. If you buy what they call a Nokia style headset it will work properly, the Pandora was designed before iPhones took off big and was wired to what was the standard at the time.. the standard has now shifted in Apple's direction.
The standard is still the same one followed by the pandora, its just that people are following the dumb%^3£, perverted Apple pinout instead :wacko:

Also looks like the screenbezel is not snapped in correctly on the to right. try to get the clip back into the case.
- About your LCD bezel that is snapped out of place, you can just push the tab back into place and maybe that may fix some of the problems you have. This seems to be a common problem that happens during shipping. I think a little more padding may be needed.

You NEED to push the front part of the screen casing in on the right side of your pandora ( if you are holding it) The clips that are supposed to hold the screen/case portion together. 

YES. I GET IT. I GOT IT THE FIRST TIME. IN FACT I NOTICED IT WHILE TAPING.

IT'S FIXED. ENOUGH.

:rolleyes:

Is it possible to tighten the hinge? How would I go about doing that?

Many people use their screen in the 180 degree postion 100% of the time and prefer it that way. Personally I like my hinge tighter and mine are tightened so I can view in 90 degrees if so preferred.

Is it possible to tighten the hinge? How would I go about doing that?
Not really :(

There are various warranty-voiding hacks documented on these forums, but none of them really tighten the hinge

Not that I have anything against warranty-voiding hacks, mind you :rolleyes:

Back