A little less lazy; a little more creative

Ruune

People always ask for ports but it doesn't always happen, unfortunatly. I, personally, want a "port" of Final Fantasy 9. But that will *never* happen. So what can you do? Well, why not do it yourself? I cannot code, so what am i to do? Would there be any developer out there that would make an rpg maker with a map editor and everything? One that would accept custom sprites. It would be like starcraft map editor :D I love that thing.
I know, its been metioned before. But it would give people who cant code a chance to make what they want, instead of praying to the developer gods to help them, lol.

What would i do with a rpg maker? i would make a clone of FF9 with 2D Chibi charachters. Sounds like alot of fun to me :ph34r:

:D

Didnt already Don Miguel start porting his RPG-Maker or something?
Im not sure about it. But it would be nice, too, if we could play all those games already released for rpgmaker on the gp. :D

First of:
The RPGMaker is NOT from Don Miguel, he just translated it (and the distribution wasn't pretty legal...)

Now he has NOTHING more to do with the RPGMaker, and hence he NEVER planned porting it to the GP32.

There are a few projects of an RPGMaker in the works. The most advanced one is currently on hold because they lack a coder, the second one (Gigas) had a first release at the 15 days compo - but no updates since then (Pirotic says he doesn't have time at the moment).

The third project I know of isn't known by anyone here - and I'm not allowed saying more about it, since it's the first project of a new coder and he doesn't know whether it will ever be finished or released (and he doesn't want any annoying eMails, that's why I have to keep my mouth shut).
All I can say is that I have a very early alpha of the map editor (for Win32), but you can only draw tiles - no loading and saving at the moment.
So the project isn't very advanced now - but maybe it will be finished sometimes...

Yea, youre right, its the translation - thats what i neant ;)

My fault, maybe it was one of the other Projects...
By the way, i think Gigas is more of an engine than a "rpg maker", isnt it?

Back