A Few Questions...

sodatruck

Still Fresh
The search bar has been giving m problems, so I'm going to ask my questions on this tread here before I buy.

• Does flash player work on the Pandora? I am just curious if it can play flash games or videos (if not, does it have a way to play youtube videos?)
  • Is it worth installing other OS-es (Android, other linux operating systems, etc.) because I am told it can corrupt your data.
  • What is the BEST game you can get? There are so many to choose from o_O
  • Finally, can it play regular linux games? I mean, say i want to play a game called Mari0. It is on linux, so could I download it and play it on the Pandora? That would be cool :D

Thanks for the help guys :D I am hoping to get a Pandora soon!

Flash works. Not perfect, but works.

There is some youtube downloaders for the OP, so you can grab videos and watch them with regular media players.

It's usually safe to install another OS.

Well, hard to tell which game is the best. Depends of what you like.

There is a lot of regular Linux games, like Wesnoth, Quakes, Descent etc...

Thanks for the help! I really am hoping to get the device soon and get to work on this game I have an idea for :D Thanks again!

Actually, buy "play regular linux games," I mean that if a game isn't ported or a PND, could I play it by downloading it from the game maker's website and click the desktop icon and run the game? I am wondering if it can run unported games like that. So... can it? :D

Actually, buy "play regular linux games," I mean that if a game isn't ported or a PND, could I play it by downloading it from the game maker's website and click the desktop icon and run the game? I am wondering if it can run unported games like that. So... can it? :D
This is an ARM processor, whereas most likely some random binary you'd come across would be

for the Intel x86 architecture (32 or 64 bit, depending).

Even if the maker builds an ARM version, you have to worry about which libraries they linked

against, what code generation options they used, lots of horrid details.

Short version... probably not. :-(

But the good news is that most Linux source builds without much fuss for the Pandora.

The hassles come up if you need a whole bunch of libraries which haven't been ported

yet (because then you have to stop working on the game port and start working on

a library port). And the big hassles are if the source needs features from a newer

version of the C library (or gcc compiler, or something else fundamental).

The fact that it ports pretty easily from linux to OP is good, because I have been planning to make games and ports when I get one :D Thanks!

Actually, one more question; isn't there a YouTube watching app on the Android OS you can install?

Actually, one more question; isn't there a YouTube watching app on the Android OS you can install?

Yeah there is, but for some reason YouTube videos seem sluggish on Pandora's Android Vs Netflix and BBC Player which runs real well..

I don't have a 1Ghz unit, so this may be better on those units..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back