A few questions about pandora:

1. Yes, but no Firefox for pandora includes an experimental flash player, which is no longer developed and we don't have the source code to improve it. Because flash in general is bloated, Pandora flash performance is poor, games and videos are not really useable. Minitube has been ported for youtube watching, and I believe HTML5 works. There is flash but its not suitable for videos and games
  2. Don't know
  3. Hmm might be a bit of a resource strain? Wait for someone with more experience to answer. (depends on 2. )

Btw, 'its browser' is irrelevant on a Pandora, any open source browser can be ported (many have) like most of FOSS, there are 3 ways to do everything :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It has stand alone Java which can be installed, but I couldn't get the java plugin to build, unfortunately. So you can run most regular java programs, but no browser based java programs.

So no Runescape?

No runescape, no chance of me ever buying pandora.

I guess I'm gonna buy a laptop instead.

Hmm... there's an open source stand alone runescape client that doesn't require Java. Maybe I can make that work. Gimme a week to poke at it a bit.

So no Runescape?

No runescape, no chance of me ever buying pandora.

I guess I'm gonna buy a laptop instead.

Hmm... there's an open source stand alone runescape client that doesn't require Java. Maybe I can make that work. Gimme a week to poke at it a bit.

^^ behold the awesomeness of the Pandora community; top developer offers to help a individual potential customer B)

I guess it's time to start saving some money, then.

Even if it's just able to run SD Mode, that's good enough for me.

The only potential problem I can see is when Jagex updates the non-browser-based version, will the Pandora developers have to update the ported version?

I tried posting on my 3DS, and somehow that^ happened. Ignore the second and third paragraphs.

I tried to quote a post, but it didn't load. I then clicked post, but it stayed on the same page. So I clicked post again and it still did that. Then I clicked more posting options and it finally let me post. I can't edit it because the clicking the edit button doesn't go to the edit page.

<p>

You can edit posts :)

I know that, but the 3DS web browser terminates script execution whenever I try to edit it.EDIT:I've found that the 3DS web browser will let me edit it if I click the edit button while it's still loading the page.

It's not immediately working. The launcher is based on a modified version of OpenJDK (OpenJDK being the form of Java that runs on the Pandora) and is fighting me with its build process. It looks like it was specifically targeted for Windows and Mac and any of the Linuxism that used to be in the build process have been ignored. Going to take some time to work out the problems, but ultimately it's all just Java: it should work.

Sweet. Awesome job. Take your time if you want.

As soon as it's done, I'll post on the Runescape forums letting everyone know you got Runescape ported to a portable device that fits in your pocket(Pandora).

Has there been any progress so far?

Whether or not Runescape is playable is the sole deciding factor in whether or not I get a Pandora.

That's kinda cool if you can get it to work on pandora. I don't know if that enough to get me to play runescape again, but cool none the less.

Oh wow, that is way way easier!

The client I was trying to build was some modified version of OpenJDK that was being a royal pain to compile. If it's as simple as ripping the right files out of the Windows installer and using an existing OpenJDK then I'll do it. Next week. Maybe Sunday. Going camping tonight, enjoying this awesome weather before it gets too hot.

Back