A Few Questions About The Pandora

Username

Fuckass
1. Is the Pandora going to have an easy-to-use interface? If it does, will it have things like tab-switching between different windows?

2. Where will I be able to buy it? Do I have to order it off the website?

3. Can I buy an external hard drive and use it with the Pandora?

I am an idiot, please help me.

Edit: I forgot to ask if I will need special copies of emulators.

Username said:
1. Is the Pandora going to have an easy-to-use interface? If it does, will it have things like tab-switching between different windows?

1. YES! It is based off of Gmenu2X, i think it will use accelerated kdrive (minimal X implementation?), Tab switching has been promised by EvilDragon.

2. Sign up for the pre-order mailing system at openpandora.org . You will probably be able to order it from http://www.gbax.com/.

3. YES!! Full-size USB port in the back! :) :)

I dunno, you are coherent and didn't ask for leet warez (yet ;)), so I think you are simply un-educated, not an idiot.

I am sure that you will get plenty of help on these boards if you ask nicely (and you are doing a pretty good job so far. :))

There are some stickies with the info you need, and you can search this site with google: site:gp32x.de pandora hard drive (just be sure to use the site:gp32x.de to return only results from this site. )

Username said:
Yes, you can only use emulators for Linux ARM systems that have been pre-compiled with libraries for the OMAP3530, or can use the libraries that come on the pandora.

There are already PSX and SegaCD/MegaDrive/Genesis emulators, and any GP2X emulator should port over with a couple changes.

Last edited by a moderator:

what he said :p

Username said:
Really good appendum to this question...

Are there any battery powered external hard drives?
Such as an iPod but only the HDD and battery.

cbp said:
Username said:
Really good appendum to this question...

Are there any battery powered external hard drives?
Such as an iPod but only the HDD and battery.

yep: http://www.xpcgear.com/1050whi.html

But you might just want to pick up a 16GB SDHC card, or two, instead. They are only $40 : http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....4&name=16GB

The Pandora can probably power a 1.8" or 2.5" portable drive long enough to copy over a few Gigabytes to an SD card, then you can unplug it again.

I like the portable hard drive, but with prices on flash dropping you will soon be able to get a pair of 32GB cards for the price of a decent portable hard drive (it is freaking insane, I know). (is anyone else pissed at Apple about this? I mean $100s of dollars more for a model with 4Gb more of flash?? Do they honestly think we are that stupid?)

I was also wondering if this will be able to compatible with the original Counter-Strike (a legal copy of it) and would it run through Steam?

It sounds like you need to spend some time with the FAQ ;)

This is not x86/PC so it will not run any PC software at all.

Back