A Decent File Manager?

Mr. Pointless

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Simple enough reason... Since I have a laptop, it's usually packed away before I realised I extracted a game to the wrong folder (usually the ones that want to be in the root of the card... awkward or what?) and the "Explorer" only gives you the option to delete, so how about a File Manager with Cut & Copy, rename etc?

And before someone suggests sterm, at the moment, it's a pain, especially since I only know very few commands (cd, ls, cp and that's it.), and text entry is slow.

I vaguely recall a version of midnight commander that had mouse support, in ncurses text mode.

Might someone port that program and hack in the 'mouse' as the joystick?

I would love to see a port of GPFM (The ultimate file manager for the GP32) for the GP2x.

Here`s a quote from retrogames.com about GPFM ot the GP32.

GP File Manager, or GPFM, is exactly what it sounds like - a file management utility. But it also does much, much more. For example, it lets you launch programs, view images, read text files and play MP3's! In fact, the MP3 player can work while you read text files, and it even has a selection of equalizer settings. Look carefully at the photos and you'll spot some of these functions in use:

And a couple of pictures.

gp32_gpfm2.jpg

gp32_gpfm4.jpg

gp32_gpfm5.jpg

Trooper

Back