A chart To Show The Trends In The Repo

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
This is more of a question than anything else.

I would like to visualize what has happened in the repo and what IS happening in the repo on a daily basis, in order to make a couple of different charts:

- number of applications in the repo (y axis) / time since creation of the repo (x axis)

- number of updates (new apps+updated ones) in the repo (y axis) / time since creation of the repo (x axis)

- number of downloads from the repo (y axis) / time since creation of the repo (x axis)

The only question is, how do get a dump of all this data? Is there an API one can use?

I can predict what the chart might look like.

New utility released. RSS feed updates. Page views spike rapidly and instantly drops again. Handful of downloads. Trails off to nothing. App updated. RSS Feed Updates. Small bump in downloads.

New Game released. RSS feed updates. Page views spike rapidly and instantly drops again. Huge surge of downloads. Trails off to nothing. Game updated. RSS Feed Updates. Huge surge of downloads.

I can predict what the chart might look like.

New utility released. RSS feed updates. Page views spike rapidly and instantly drops again. Handful of downloads. Trails off to nothing. App updated. RSS Feed Updates. Small bump in downloads.

New Game released. RSS feed updates. Page views spike rapidly and instantly drops again. Huge surge of downloads. Trails off to nothing. Game updated. RSS Feed Updates. Huge surge of downloads.

No, I want to make a cumulative chart over time, no a chart of spikes. And I also want to see the cumulative number of apps over time.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ekianjo I know you want something much more complete, based on repo data, but FYI I've put my latest sales figures here: http://boards.openpa...se/page__st__40 as I am keen/happy to share my data with everyone to see the sales on a commercial title (both for interested community members, and other indie/professional developers seriously considering targeting the Pandora).

Thanks Steven, very nice to hear you are open to disclose this :)

Back