A Bunch Of Little Programs

RatoZumbi

Still Fresh
Hi guys,

So... I had this idea to help new programmers (especially me) to get used with caanoo and it's functions.

What is: A single program that have multiple functions offered by caanoo. OR Multiple little programs, each one with an specific function.

What is the point: The idea is just to show the source code to new programmers, that way they can get familiarized whit the most common functions used to code applications.

I am going to post some of the basic function i would like to see, but anyone is free to contribute with other wishes.

1) Some text. Just like if it was a printf.
2) Some text moving around.
3) Some text turning as the screen turns.
4) A button to be touched.
5) Any other cool function you think that deserves to be showed.(?)

I will edit this post later. I Haven't finish, but I have to go now.

EDIT: Ok, I took too long to edit this post and I forgot some ideas <_<

Basically it would be a guide to caanoo's API, for his specific functions.

I'm already a developer, but that sounds like a very good idea. :)

I think very short specific examples are better than one long program that does lots of different things. Then let the user start putting the different parts together.

However, the one thing that often stops noobs dead in their tracks is the actual software of some of the development programs. I remember when I first started coding in C++ the biggest problem I had was using the tools to actually create the program - the code was easy, the dev software wasn't! A step by step guide to installing the software and then creating your first app would be just as beneficial (perhaps more so) than the code to "Hello world". Show screenies/explain what buttons to click on the IDE (if you even use one) and use a step by step approach and walk the user right through, from installing to compiling and distributing an executable for the Caanoo. And make it idiot proof. Just because you know what you are doing and what you mean, doesn't mean others do.

Well, that's my two cents anyway.

I, too, think that is a good idea. I think I may make such an example using BennuGD to develop for the Caanoo (along with other tutorials) for my blog: Game Up! It's very new, so there isn't very much on it yet, but it's coming along.

iprice said:
(...)the code was easy, the dev software wasn't! A step by step guide to installing the software and then creating your first app would be just as beneficial (perhaps more so) than the code to "Hello world". Show screenies/explain what buttons to click on the IDE (if you even use one) and use a step by step approach and walk the user right through, from installing to compiling and distributing an executable for the Caanoo. And make it idiot proof. Just because you know what you are doing and what you mean, doesn't mean others do.

That's a very good idea, because although GPH has released a SDK manual many things have a catch that only experienced users could show. Is anyone able to do this?

Maybe this thread should be moved for the developers's corner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a new programmer, and I love this idea. It would help me out a whole lot in getting a start. I think many including myself want to program on the caanoo, but can never figure out where to start.

Back