8GB SDHC CARD PROBLEM

was there a point to that post?
it seemed pretty fanboyish to me

fischju I doubt anyone here is naive enough to be won over by directx10. your post as a whole was unhelpful. he said it works fine with xp, which invalidates your defense of vista. it's a bad OS, microsoft's sad and desperate marketing recently should be enough proof of that. Poisoned is right, the obvious solution is to not use vista or get a new reader.

PoisonedV said:
1. use an OS that doesnt suck
2. get a new card reader

PoisonedV = -1

Chip said:
Do you have access to another PC with another card reader? Does the card work with any SDHC compliant devices?

Chip = +1

It feels like some people think they're hot and their not. Others are hot and help a lot.

Anyway, on to it. Yeah man most likely the card reader is either no good for SDHC, the Vista driver is broken or your SDHC card is. However if you don't have access to other firmware or drivers, and think your card reader should would, try opening a Linux LiveCD and see if the reader works with the SDHC card.

Anyway, if its new, I'll buy it for a dollar. with free shipping. :)

Noisome

"with my vista computer"

"it works with xp pc."

It really sounds like his trying it on 2 different computers. Not dual booting XP and Vista.

noisome said:
It feels like some people think they're hot and their not. Others are hot and help a lot.
You sound like one of those people who think 'their' 'hot' but aren't.

Loswave said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820213009

Lian-li is usually quality and newegg rocks. As to vista hate... Mojave experiment.
Oh really? was there full disclosure of the results? Did they correctly emply the scientific method? Was the entire process published in a scientific journal? Did they take into account human element of bias under pressure? Did they do a double blind test? is there any background information on any of the people? did they actually use and take part in the software?

no?

...?

Ahhhh, haha. Love your argument, you must have seen thank you for smoking. I'm not out to prove it's a wonderful system, but the random negativity is just silly. When it was still in beta it was just as terrible as everyone says it is. However, the only reason I'm using vista today is because XP was insanely inconsistent. 99% of people I talk to hate vista but have never even used it, or if they have, their preconceived bias that it was bad stopped them from seeing any merit at all. I just dislike people bandwagoning. Will I admit that UAC was a terrible idea, yes, absolutely, which is probably why it's an option that can be turned off easily. Will I admit that it requires a lot of ram, yes, superfetch does require a lot of ram, but it's an option. Will I admit that aero takes a reasonable amount of power to run, and can sap some performance from the system, yes, but guess what... yea, it's an option.

So your questions back on you. Prove it's bad. Have you spent more than a marginal amount of time with it? If not get back to me when you have.

Like I said, I dislike bandwagoning whether the party is right or wrong. People need to make their own opinions, not just grasp whatever is popular.

Loswave said:
Ahhhh, haha. Love your argument, you must have seen thank you for smoking. I'm not out to prove it's a wonderful system, but the random negativity is just silly. When it was still in beta it was just as terrible as everyone says it is. However, the only reason I'm using vista today is because XP was insanely inconsistent. 99% of people I talk to hate vista but have never even used it, or if they have, their preconceived bias that it was bad stopped them from seeing any merit at all. I just dislike people bandwagoning. Will I admit that UAC was a terrible idea, yes, absolutely, which is probably why it's an option that can be turned off easily. Will I admit that it requires a lot of ram, yes, superfetch does require a lot of ram, but it's an option. Will I admit that aero takes a reasonable amount of power to run, and can sap some performance from the system, yes, but guess what... yea, it's an option.

So your questions back on you. Prove it's bad. Have you spent more than a marginal amount of time with it? If not get back to me when you have.

Like I said, I dislike bandwagoning whether the party is right or wrong. People need to make their own opinions, not just grasp whatever is popular.
don't know what thank you for smoking is, and the vista haters are just trendy cynics. im not, im a logical cynic

1. drivers. half the comments on tech shopping sites are people discussing how to get things working with vista.
2. games and software. obviously, vista is horrible for games or they would never have had made dx10 vista only. it still has horrible backwards compatbaility, and even horrible compatibility with current games. not to mention freeware...
3. the whole security and administrative system sucks. it's not impossible to be secure without being a fucking dictator to your own users.
4. aero is pointless, and since windows laptops now have vista, well, most of the consumer laptops on display at big chain tech stores you can see barely handling those bubbles. a few bubbles on the screen, and they slow down. i wouldnt even attempt to game on vista without ending half the processes and services
5. gui navigation is clunky and cumbersome. of course, you can say this for all OS's but at least on linux the better way DOESN'T use gui.
6. so much crapware loaded up at start, and im talking about vista crapware not manufacturer crapware.
7. and of course, all the problems all nt windows systems have offered.

Thank you for a well reasoned argument. It's a rarity these days. I will say that I'm unsure of some of your argument though. The drivers issue can be an annoyance, for the layman. Games however, not so much. Probably depends on configuration and such but I've never taken even a small performance hit on vista over xp, Although I confess that even my laptop has 2 GB of ram, without which I would imagine that would be impossible. I cannot defend dx10. It is trash. The concept would have been great years ago when GPUs were way ahead of cpus. Now however, with multicore processors being the norm, the idea of shifting workload from cpu to gpu is absolutely retarded, this being the main thrust of dx10's shader 3 exploitation. Consumer level laptops are usually loaded with 3rd party crap which does cause a performance hit, they all have a bunch of random proprietary branded bullshit running to begin with, don't even get me started with the propensity to preinstall symantec trash. A clean vista install will yield a low process count. Most of the crapware your referring to are things that people pay extra for because they want, such as vista home premium having media center which is no doubt crapware in your mind... The NT in general problems have been taken down a few notches although not gone altogether.

I still disagree, but at least you have a genuine reason, unlike many, on many different categories, do'nt get me started on politics either.

Thank you for smoking is a movie about the spin doctor for big tobacco, it's a pretty entertaining film.

In any case, I'd be happy to continue a friendly argument, albeit in a different part of the forum, or via pm, as I think we've strayed a little farther afield from the topic than is prudent.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2 ... 499,00.asp

"Final Thoughts
If you were expecting a huge drop in performance as your eyes scanned from the XP to the Vista results, well, surprise! As many a tech analyst predicted, Windows Vista's gaming performance conundrum has largely been solved, and it was mainly due to early graphics drivers."

Vista is worth the 30 minutes it takes to create a vlite'd disk with drivers and without all the excess consumer-friendly crap.

For 90% of DX10 games (I'm assuming there are 10 by now..) using it is a performance drop with minimal lighting differences. Stalker Clear Sky shows what it can do, and DX10.1 is what DX10 should have been. You can see the difference here:
http://techreport.com/r.x/radeon-hd-487 ... screed.gif
http://techreport.com/r.x/radeon-hd-487 ... ryhigh.gif

The DX10.1 supporting ATI cards get a huge performance boost. DX10.1 is not implemented in any games though (it was removed from Assassin's Creed in a patch - nvidia sponsored the game's marketing)

i never said anything about speed for games. i said things about compatibility. sometimes, giving it administrator rights isn't enough. if you are willing to jump through hoops to use software, might as well use linux :lol:

PoisonedV said:
...if you are willing to jump through hoops to use software, might as well use linux :lol:

True that. I suppose me being a gentoo fan doesn't help considering the argument...

I have couple of xp games which don't run on vista os which is compatibilty issues and even if you have updates for drivers they still don't work, vista is an sluggish os i really hate it, it does has nice gui but apparently when it comes updates and compatibility it's not the best.

ok javajake you are right.

Do you any updates to run sdhc cards or any other solution to this problem.

You weren't very clear. It works on your XP PC and not on the Vista one. Am I to assume these are two different computers, and you are not dual booting?

I have a microSD card for my DS and I have Vista on my home PC. The computer comes with a card reader, but every time I put the card in there it stubbornly ignores it. It's not even a special card, like a SDHC one. The way I fixed the problem (or more like got around it) is by putting it in my printer's card reader slots. For some reason Vista recognizes those slots and not the ones built on the tower. The card used to work fine on my XP machine and I had no trouble with it at all. I recommend you try to put it in a printer w/ a card reader because it seems to work for me.

Yes i have 2 computers one has xp and other has vista it works fine on xp computer but on vista it doesn't, any help will do.

Back