8 Topics Vs. 7 Stickies Equals :(

nickspoon

vultum stultum habes
Website
Visit site
Seriously the topics are out of control.

Topics we can sticky are:

1.)Show me your GP2X! - C'mon guys, this guy wants to be shown a GP2X, and the only way to do it is stickies.

2.)Duh, Where to Buy? - This should be stickied because we have very little information on this.

3.)Win95 / Freedos on Gpx2? - Sticky it because Win95 is the best OS ever and should be emulated on the Gpx2 at full speed.

4.)My very own too many topics topic. How else will we get stickies if this topic isn't stickied. I know my topic rules so I think it deserves a sticky.

Please put more stickies the first page as it is the most important page on in the forum.

i agree.

a "useful threads" sticky should be made and could include:

Gp2x - Basic Info Faq
Firmware Upgrade Compatible Cards And Faq
Topic has attachmentsThe Official Gp2x Startup Sound Topic
The Official Best Deals Topic

and the I Just Got My Gp2x!!! thread should be unstickied - its silly, i dont mind the odd personal "w00t, ive got it!" thread to appear. they'll die within an hour or two anyway.

There's no emoticon available to convey my view on this ...

I've read that there's too many damn stickies, now there's not enough ... what to do, what to do ...

Problem is, as I see it, no one reads the sticked topics first before asking a question that's been covered before ad naseum.

My wife was considering joing a forum some time ago, but never bothered ... know why? She read the stickied topics, FAQs and some related topics and got the info. she needed.

I'll move this to suggestions.

We could sticky every thread, and then TelcoLou could just unsticky the ones that have developed into mindless flamewars rather than closing them.

This could easily be the stickiest forum on the web, now if that isn't an acolade worth striving for, then frankly I don't know what is.

Horscht: That's the spirit!

Deepmenace: That's the exact opposite of what I want to happen. We need 15 stickies at least. The more the better.

TelcoLou: Exactly! Fill the first page with stickies and people will ignore the topics that others make and just read the stickies! It's brilliant!

thelamer: Sarcastic? Me? Never.

FluffyPanda: Now that IS an idea. Stickies to the max. I like it.

Back