8 Gb Card Appears Full In Gmenu2x With Less Than 4 Gb

froggy

Still Fresh
I use gmenu2x and it reports 3832/3722 MB on my 8 GB SDHC card, whereas windows tells me there is 3950 MB. It seems my card appears full as i can't launch anymore game from the sd but I can launch the native ebook reader and read any txt file on the sd card.
I'll delete some files and let you all know what happened.

EDIT 1:
funny, now gmenu2X reports 4020 MB when there is 3763 MB. At least I can play again but I fear I lost 4 free GB with this issue. I hope someone can help.

Firstly, I'm assuming this is on either Open2x or on an F200, with the latter more likely. If it's Open2x, ask the guys who're making that.

If it's a normal firmware for an F200 with Gmenu2x set as the default, then the obvious question is: can you run games from the SD in the default loader, as opposed to Gmenu2x?

If so, then it's probably a fault in the way Gmenu2x handles SD cards (I imagine because it's not been updated since the F200 came out) and your best bet would be to report the bug http://gmenu2x.sourceforge.net/page/GMenu2X there and wait for Ryo to get back to you.

If the official firmware also doesn't read your card, then I'm not sure. Possibly check for errors on your SD?

you're right it's an F200 and launching the games from the firmware give me a "no go" either.
I'm trying to see if the cluster size could be the culprit as I formated my SD with 4 KB cluster size,
but I'm waiting for all my data being copied before formating.

froggy said:
I use gmenu2x and it reports 3832/3722 MB on my 8 GB SDHC card, whereas windows tells me there is 3950 MB. It seems my card appears full as i can't launch anymore game from the sd but I can launch the native ebook reader and read any txt file on the sd card.
I'll delete some files and let you all know what happened.

EDIT 1:
funny, now gmenu2X reports 4020 MB when there is 3763 MB. At least I can play again but I fear I lost 4 free GB with this issue. I hope someone can help.
Don't panic. It's just a bug in gmenu2x. You've still got all the space you should have, just that the reporting bit is borked. I have exactly the same issue (though my free space is reported to be 142mb on a 4gb card... and i have 142mb free on a 4gb card).

Last edited by a moderator:
Well my half empty (or half full :) 2GB card is seen as only having 60MB left, but I'm not too worried, I bet formatting it would fix this issue.

well after "bloating" the card and testing I can say there is no malfunction coming from the capacity of the data on my sd. However if I launch a game which crash or freeze (quite often to be honest) and I'm force to reboot there's a good chance I get data corruption which in turn makes my games unlaunchable.
For exemple I got around 500 GB of data reported on my 8gb sd, in windows this time -> format.
Fortunately I keep the data on my computer, but keeping 5 gb plus copying them after each crash starts to get annoying (copy time around 2 hours for 16000 files).

EDIT:
Renaming gmenu2X folder and autorun.gpu fix my problem for some game I couldn't play(one for exemple is chexquest, a doom mod, which gave me a black screen even when launch from the official frontend) . So it seems there's a problem between gmenu2x and some gpe scripts.

EDIT2: an other is REminiscence a port of Flashback.

Back