8-bit Games Screenshot Quiz

Gruntfuggly posted on Mar 2 2007 at 07:12 PM said:
Yup - the other Firebird game that sticks in my mind was set in a green house with a plant in the middle... I seem to remember that being pretty addictive...

Can't remember that one (unless Firebird got the rights to sell Pssst). Only plant related game I remember by Firebird was Microcosm (not that I ever really got into it).

Found a good review of Gold Digger http://telcontar.net/Misc/GoldDigger/ on the Net. Funny old thing the Internet isn't it?! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gruntfuggly posted on Mar 2 2007 at 08:01 PM said:
Microcosm sounds about right - maybe I'm remembering it slightly differently! I'll have to check it out in beebem...

I keep meaning to try and get into The Sentinel. Never played it in the day, but I can't seem to get it to work in beebem...

Fru.T Bunn posted on Mar 2 2007 at 08:12 PM said:
I keep meaning to try and get into The Sentinel. Never played it in the day, but I can't seem to get it to work in beebem...

I was the same, it passed me by. As did Revs.

First time with beebem tonight, and I'm really impressed. The sound is very accurate, and the speed is definitely as good as I'd ever want. A nostalgic last couple of hours.

Where is The Sentinel sticking for you? I've not played it yet (ever!), but it's loaded ok and is now bleeping away as i type.

ste_167 posted on Mar 2 2007 at 11:43 PM said:
Where is The Sentinel sticking for you? I've not played it yet (ever!), but it's loaded ok and is now bleeping away as i type.

I'm confused by this secret entry code stuff? Is this some kind of copy protection?

I did 0 (zero) then Return and it starts. Thanks for your all your work, I have the most gaming memories with my BBC B.

From what I remember the number is an encoded level number. 0 starts you at the first level, and then when you complete the first level, you'll get the code for the next one, depending how high you finished I think...

Gruntfuggly posted on Mar 3 2007 at 09:09 AM said:
From what I remember the number is an encoded level number. 0 starts you at the first level, and then when you complete the first level, you'll get the code for the next one, depending how high you finished I think...

I've got that far now. Now all I need are the keys <_< Gota love the Beeb! :)

Edit: Thanks though! (sore head here...)

Back