"7 days with Pandora's box"

I name all my things like;

My laptop = Veronica (Mars)

My PS3 = (Queen) Elisabeth

My TV = Maria (Amelie)

My Cellphone = Butthead

My Pandora = Louise
My present PC is named Honey, her predecessor Momo, my Pandora will be dubbed Peco, and I named my sister's PC Aeris, to break up the Breath of Fire III naming scheme I was rocking thus far.

It is embarrassing how someone as young as yourself has mastered a second language so well, when I struggle with my second language so badly :( Nice review.

+11111 im jealous of Viking, kids gunna be a billionaire

Edit: Typo

Last edited by a moderator:
Your making me feel old, you were 5 years old when Mario 64 was out... I was out of High School and spent a huge chunk of his pay check to buy the Nintendo 64.. which wasn't as bad as starving for a week after I bought a Voodoo 1 card for my PC..
You should have heard what my nephew said to me not long ago:

"Whaaaachu doooin'?" I was playing A Link to the past on my computer, and he had just recently got an Iphone 3G. "Oh I can do that too!" And he played something else than Zelda.

What are you doing now?" he was playing Zelda on his iphone (I've never owned a touch phone, not till a year later). And then, he started to play ocarina sounds on his iPhone through a program for Iphone called "Smule Ocarina", and then he said "Now we can play toghether!" he said, while comparing my REAL ocarina to his iPhone.. I was 15 and then felt old....

I name all my things like;

My laptop = Veronica (Mars)

My PS3 = (Queen) Elisabeth

My TV = Maria (Amelie)

My Cellphone = Butthead

My Pandora = Louise
My present PC is named Honey, her predecessor Momo, my Pandora will be dubbed Peco, and I named my sister's PC Aeris, to break up the Breath of Fire III naming scheme I was rocking thus far.
Awesome! I'm just started out on BoF I (Don't shoot me because I haven't descovered it before now!) :lol:

+11111 im jealous of Viking, kids gunna be a billionaire

Edit: Typo
I am? HOW!?!?! TELL MEEEEE!!!

Well, all Padora's names should be "Hope" or whatever is the translation in your native language, as it is found inside a Pandora's Box... :)

Anyway, I didn't call mine "Espoir" so feel free not to :) My first contact with my Legendary Marvel has been very sparce over the week-end, having quite a few others priorities, but I managed to find decent time to boot it, to name it, to set up a user for me, and all these as a true computer scientist, ie never opening the manual :)

The finish is really nice, the touch feels good, the only problem I've had is that it seems there is no way to get the stylus out of its place. Looks like I won't loose it then :)

The machime goes fast, the boot time is correct, job's well done.

To all followers : the machine's definately worth the wait and the investment.

It's funny to see that many of us are giving names to devices.

My phone is named "StormBringer", my wifi's SSID is "Melnibone" from Moorcock's books. (the phone's name came from the fact that the standard wallpaper was animated and featured a black backdrop with strange scribbling moving on it)

The PS3 name is "Monolith"… it's huge, black, shiny and I had to find a name
tongue.gif

The Wii is "Pearl"… small, white, shiny… same as the PS3 in fact
unsure.gif

And for the computer, I was reading a lot of manga at the time, so I named it "Mokona".

I wonder how I will name my Pandora, "Faith" maybe?

Am I the only one here who doesn't name my stuff?

Your not alone,

I named the children and then stopped.
I have yet to name my children... I just point and yell

CHILD 1*, CHILD 2*, GET YER ASSES OVER HERE AND PICK UP YOUR SHIT!!!

*the numbers are interchangeable depending on how many children are being identified

EDIT:TYPO

@OP - Great review!!!

*the numbers are interchangeable depending on how many children are being identified

All my kit is named like this:

netbook01, notebook01 ,home01, server01, pandora01 etc etc

I think I'll need to adopt the same naming scheme as yours if I have children too!

@OP - Great review!!!

All my kit is named like this:

netbook01, notebook01 ,home01, server01, pandora01 etc etc

I think I'll need to adopt the same naming scheme as yours if I have children too!

Use the George Foreman child-naming convention: name them all your name! http://www.omg-facts.com/view/OMG/12630

My desktop is named Lenny, my macbook is named Mike and my netbook is named Karl. My phone has no name as it is not sentient. It's most advanced feature is the torch on the top of it (and that's a real torch, not a dodgy app for your screen).

Proper naming of technological equipment is vital.

I haven't thought about what to call my Pandora yet, not that it's arriving until any time after June, I suspect :p

Names of my stuff include LoneStarr, Barf, Yogurt, DarkHelmet, etc.

My Laptop is Spaceball1.

My NAS is MegaMaid.

My Pandora is TheSchwartz. :D

Back